Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2002, 09:53 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Let me put it this way...

To know Jerome is to know a good joke.

...Wait a minute...that did not really sound right, did it.

Oh well.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #32
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IMNSHO it would be best simply if people also join TSR, they have a section especially for spam (trust me, i have had a spam thread going for WAY too long over there).
Old 08-24-2002, 09:58 PM   #33
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Sure glad none of the threads I started have been blacklisted by Donut, BTW
Remeber Donut have a good point here so all this "crap spam" topic is not good for anyone it make me not to post anything at all because it is nothing cool to say in them only crap so i dont bother to read them anymore or reply!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #34
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Actually shadowhound, if you saw my post above, we do have a forum that is for spam. Ziroc set up the "RP" forum just for these kinds of threads to keep GD clear. Personally, I agree with KT Ong, I don't let these threads get to me, I just don't read them, but I do understand that they are offensive to many people, and that was why the "RP" forum was set up, so they can enjoy themselves there and not annoy the people in GD who don't like spam threads.

[ 08-24-2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 08-24-2002, 10:00 PM   #35
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I agree with you Donut, but I worry that if we make a 'Spam Forum' then most everyone will be on there posting spam, not posting good stuff on the other forums. It would be like a giant Cloudy's Cafe.... except it wouldn't be and the real Cloudy's Cafe would take a big hit. The spam forum would be absolute chaos, some people might say whatever they want because by the time they are done posting it the message would be already on the 2nd page. That's just my theory anyway. I could be wrong....
Old 08-24-2002, 10:02 PM   #36
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Actually shadowhound, if you saw my post above, we do have a forum that is for spam. Ziroc set up the "RP" forum just for these kinds of threads to keep GD clear. Personally, I agree with KT Ong, I don't let these threads get to me, I just don't read them, but I do understand that they are offensive to many people, and that was why the "RP" forum was set up, so they can enjoy themselves there and not annoy the people in GD who don't like spam threads.
What is the RP forum?
Old 08-24-2002, 10:05 PM   #37
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I'm sorry Willard, I should have spelled it out [img]smile.gif[/img] The "Role Playing" forum was set up for all of these threads.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:12 PM   #38
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, Willard you are also right. When Ziroc first opened this new board, there were massive [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] threads going. It got so bad that Z had to ask everyone to please stop altogether. Of course we now have new servers, much more hard drive space and greater bandwidth, so the hit isn't as bad as it was then. The idea is that the "RP" forum keeps the fun spamming type threads seperate from the more serious discussions that people want in GD. People also need to bear in mind that [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] is technically against IW rules of conduct, so it really does need to be kept to a respectable level.

[ 08-24-2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 08-24-2002, 10:30 PM   #39
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think we are all disgusted by the threads that are utter SHIT. Coming to GD had become a tedium of spam-crap threads with people posting for ranks like it would gain them respect due to a high post count. Well high post counts dont mean a damn thing. Ask ***. Who the hell respects him/her ? LOL
Old 08-24-2002, 10:50 PM   #40
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LoA, I agree COMPLETELY Ask yourself, "when was the last time I respected someone because of his/her high post count?" OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T You respect someone for theier intelligence, wisdom, or wit, not because they have a particular rank. Well, not counting newbies ( ). You make your own karma, as Moni might say.