Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Here's an email letter I got from the RNC about Democrat comments that Bush is "worse than Saddam," etc. I'm posting their silly letter and my silly little reply back.

Chairman Racicot Decries Ambitious Kerry's Wartime Attack

Yesterday, John Kerry shocked many Americans when he called for "regime change" right here in the U.S. By comparing our commander-in-chief to Saddam Hussein's brutal regime at a time of war, Kerry showed just what he is willing to say to appeal to liberal Democrat primary voters.

RNC, Chairman Marc Racicot quickly responded saying, "Senator Kerry crossed a grave line when he dared to suggest the replacement of America's commander-in- chief at a time when America is at war. Critical analysis offered in the best interests of the country is part of a healthy democracy. But this use of self- serving rhetoric designed to further Senator Kerry's political ambitions at a time when the lives of America's sons and daughters are at stake reflects a complete lack of judgment."

Senator Kerry's shocking comments come just three weeks after he said he would end any criticism if America goes to war, saying, "It's what you owe the troops ... if America is at war, I won't speak a word without measuring how it'll sound to the guys doing the fighting." It appears Senator Kerry is more interested in appealing to a small, radical faction of voters than leading all Americans.

These comments are just the latest example of Democrat leaders blaming America first. Last week, Tom Daschle echoed the French line, blaming our nation for the war, even after the United Nations gave Iraq 12 years to disarm. Joe Lieberman called President Bush a "greater threat to peace than Saddam Hussein." Dick Gephardt claimed that President Bush is "bullying" the world.

Do you think these Democrat comments go too far?

I think it is unworthy of your time to act as if these comments are of real merit. I think you have taken radical comments and turned them into a political tool, and it's a shame to see you being so politically opportunistic at the moment.

As an American of a Jeffersonian mindset, I dislike an America where one party has too much power. The Republican party has the full support of the people at this moment, and has a firm footing. To see it (you) acting as if these comments are earth-shaking in any way or a threat to our President or his war politics in any way is a real laugh.

Let people run off at the mouth - it's their right as an American. Act like you buy into it, then you are asking me to believe you are a fool. Well, shall I believe you?

[ 04-04-2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 04-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #2
Lil Lil

I wonder of they realized when they stated "at a time when the lives of America's sons and daughters are at stake" that they were basically agreeing with Kerry and the others?