Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2000, 03:02 PM   #1
TiredHornet

How can I kill the Golems in the Arnise Hold?
I want to get those Weapons!

Old 10-16-2000, 03:05 PM   #2
Uncle Lester

Try using +3 and +4 weapons against them, that should work as for the big iron golem, use lots of magic, don't be cheap on your spells to kill that one, he is tough!

Old 10-16-2000, 03:09 PM   #3
TiredHornet

What kind of magic? what works best?

Old 10-16-2000, 03:19 PM   #4
lordkymil

you don't necessarily have to fight them, you can grab and run if you want. just be sure you're hasted or you'll be wasted! =) i slowed him down by getting my thief to lay traps all around him, then i had some oil of speed and grabbed the stuff, met my guys by the side of the stairs and ran down the stairs. him and another one followed me but he was weakened by the traps and i beat him pretty easily.

Old 10-17-2000, 12:51 AM   #5
TDZHON

If you use Sanctuary, you miss out on some great XPs. More than 50K for the lot of them.

Old 10-17-2000, 10:54 AM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

He can't fit through the door. I just ordered Minsc to keep throwing Azureedge at him until he died...
Old 10-17-2000, 11:14 AM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

THE EASIEST WAY TO VICTORY LIES NOT IN CONFRONTATION... SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN

YOU SOUND AS THOUGH YOU FOLLOW THE RIGHTIOUS PATH MY FRIEND SO I'LL TELL YOU THE EASIEST WAY TO GET THOSE ITEMS. SIMPLY CAST SANCTURY ON A PARTY MEMBER THEN WALK TO THE ITEMS, PICK THEM UP AND REVEL IN DELIGHT AS THE GOLEMS STAND MOTIONLESS AS YOU SAIL PAST THEM TRIUMPHALTLY.
Old 10-17-2000, 11:22 AM   #8
Tipsy McSwagger

Actually the easiest way to victory lies in cheating your arse off. Before you steal anything pick off the little golems one by one. If you attack em one at a time the others don't come alive. That way once you pick the statue clean there's only one big one to deal with.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-17-2000, 11:55 AM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

DAMM YOU TO THE NINE HELL IGNORTANT THEIF, I THOUGHT I HAD ALREADY DELT WITH YOU

TAKE YOUR CHEATING HELP AND PUT IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE.
SUCH DUTY I FEEL TO GOODNESS I WILL PARDON YOUR OUTBURSTS ONLY ONCE MORE BEFORE I REMOVE THE DARK CREATURE THAT SPAWNS SUCH EVIL! YOU!

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN
Old 10-19-2000, 05:18 PM   #10
MoxMox

Actually I managed to keel this thing

What I did is have my main char wield the flail of ages (at least I think that was the weapon...just wielded the one thing I found could hurt the iron golem). He did his strength modification thing, others in the part cast bless and haste on him. Then he'd run to the door, bonk the iron golem a couple times, then run back after he took a hit. Heal/repeat. If you run out of spells step aways from the door and rest up. Repeat again.

Mildly tedious but worked

Unfortunatly...just got to the adamantite golem...and this strategy is suckin'! That golem just hits plain too hard for it to be effective

On that golem though...I've a feeling the spell stone to flesh has a chance to kill it outright...but unfort can't cast it yet to find out

--MoxMox the Manburner