Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-22-2003, 03:54 AM   #1
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Just a question about modules. I downloaded one from a site called Neverwinter vault and extracted it to C:/NeverwinterNights/module but i can;t play it or see it on the toolset. When i checked the file it has RAR in front of it instead of MOD. Also extracting the file corrupted my game or somesuch and i had to reinstall. Anyways i'm asking how can i get this module to work. Thank-you so much.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:32 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

A RAR file does need to be extracted, but that can't be done with winzip. You need a program like winrar for that (surprise...). Once extracted, you should get a .mod file, which is somewhere in your modules folder. It could be in a subfolder, in which case you will have to drag it back to nwn/modules. You may also get some other files, an accompanying readme usually tells you where to put those.
Once you've gotten that far, and actually have the .mod where it belongs, try running NWN. It should work fine, at least until you try to select the module. If that crashes the game, it's safe to say the file you downloaded is corrupted or simply didn't download completely.

You can download a trial version of WinRAR... somewhere... erh... try a search at www.tucows.com
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:49 PM   #3
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Question Mark

Thanks Legolas. i'm gonna download and see how it works out.