Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I recently bought Baldur's Gate ToSC. It used to come in five discs, but I bought a set containing: disc 1 of 2, disc 2 of 2, and the expansion disc. The game runs fine except for the annoyance of disc swapping which I never had to do for BG 2. However, when I try to go to Nashkel, it asks for disc 3. After inserting all three discs, it says that each one is a wrong disc. I have contacted interplay and they said it was something to do with the patch being not needed. I have tried to enter Nashkel with and without the patch installed with no success. Any help? Thanks.

Also, how do you backstab? I'm not sure if you can do it in BG1, but still, I don't know how to do it in BG2 either!

"FLY, YOU FOOLS!"
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

You should be able to do a full install with that edition, which will eliminate the need for disc swapping entirely. (If you then add a no-cd crack, you wont need CDs at all, which means you can keep them somewhere safe). Full install in the BG1 sense means doing a custom install and clicking every single option. The 'maximum' installation option skips the movies.

Have you tried starting a new game without the patch and going to nashkel? I wouldn't think the patch would cause problems through a savegame but weird things can happen with the infinity engine.

On the backstabbing, go into stealth mode, get behind your target, and perform a melee attack with a weapon a theif can normaly use. (So a fighter/thief with a 2H sword is out of luck). You should see a message indication a successful backstab.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #3
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Works like a charm! Thanks for the suggestion...
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote