Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2000, 06:34 AM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Durlags Tower - I seem to have reached an impass in Durlag's Tower, it regards seeing the Ward Lock Dwarf that wants the bottle of wine. I've completed the other three quests. I have the Grapes, the location of the Wine Press and the Generator that powers it, the piece that's missing is the Switch to turn the machine on. I believe I found it in a room just North of the Wine Press but initally I mistook it for a magical Crossbow Bolt and disgarded onto the floor because none of my party have that weapon and you can't sell them. I can't find it anywhere on the level, I think the piece has decayed and disappeared as I've looked everywhere. Just so I can be sure can someone tell me where in that level the switch is to be found or another way around that obsticle.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2000, 04:14 PM   #2
Adhrael

I can´t remember where is the piece but if you left it over there it should be still cause key items don´t dissapear.
Old 11-25-2000, 05:05 PM   #3
DaPoo

OK, its fairly hard to explain where to go in bg but I'll try...

The switch is in one of two places:

In the drawer beside the bed in the room with the bed in it, you'll need to get the key from the treasure room to open this drawer (treasure room is up a passage just next to the drawer thingy)

OR

if you follow the corridor from the room with the four guys first past the wine press, then the generator, then the bedroom, then the book room, you'll come to other rooms just pass the room with the books that resurrects durlags ghost. Search all these rooms for the switch.

I don't recollect the switch being anywher "north" tho. If you still have trouble, let me know.
Old 11-26-2000, 04:16 AM   #4
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

I agree with DaPoo (his first option, that is ):

The switch is kept in a specially locked drawer that can only be opened if you've the key in your possession - you'll see something like '...requires a certain key...' when you try to open the drawer otherwise. The drawer itself is in the southern bedroom.

Btw, Adhreal, I'm not so sure key items don't disappear, since I couldn't find the skeleton fighter's armour to complete the Firewine Ruins quest after I left it lying together with the corpse.
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 10:16 AM   #5
Adhrael

But this item is no key for the argument of the game (I hope you understand what I mean). If you lose this armor you simply won´t get some xp, but fi you lose the switch and it dissapear you won´t be able to get further in the game, and I think the game is thought in a way that is almost impossible to get completely stuck and have to reload.

For example, if you leave Cloakwood´s mine´s key over there it wont dissapear.

Old 11-27-2000, 07:02 AM   #6
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Oh... OK. Will have to test this out though, before I'm completely and utterly convinced.
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote