Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
Tom-Slayer
Manshoon

I have decided that i want to be a cleric, but im unsure on the alignment, party members and size. I am going through Bg1 first but i think since my alignment will affect my class in Bg2 and party members would change that i should post it here. So if anyone has any ideas on an alignment and a small party with members that wouldnt clash with each other, could help a brother out.

Thanx
Old 01-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

The alignment you choose is up to you. Which do you feel more comfortable playing - good, neutral or evil?

Your alignment will affect which NPC's would make the "ideal" companions. There is decent selection of good and evil NPC's alike, though the good outnumber the evil. Of course, if you play a cleric of neutral alignment, then you can choose from good and evil alike, as long as the NPC's themselves get along.

Here are a few suggestions of possible NPC's for each alignment.

GOOD
Keldorn - Paladin
Aerie - Cleric/Mage
Minsc - Ranger (also has plot interaction with Aerie)
Anomen - Cleric/Fighter
Mazzy - Fighter (female halfling)

NEUTRAL
Valygar - Ranger
Haer'Dalis - Blade (Bard kit)
Jan Jansen - Illusionist/Thief
Jaheira - druid/Fighter

EVIL
Korgan - Fighter
Edwin - Mage
Jaheira - Fighter/Druid
Anomen - (if he fails his test for knighthood)
Cernd - Shapeshifter Druid

These are just basic suggestions. They aren't necessarily the best NPC's and I'm sure many people will have suggestions of their own. But based solely on alignment, these are some of the best matches for a party I could think of.

All NPC's have strengths and weaknesses that and can benefit your party if they are equipped and played correctly. There are also several "Mod NPC's" that have been created to be added to the game. Just do a Search for "MOD NPC's" and you will find a comprehensive list detailing their strengths and weaknesses.

Enjoy your game.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-Slayer:
I have decided that i want to be a cleric, but im unsure on the alignment, party members and size. I am going through Bg1 first but i think since my alignment will affect my class in Bg2 and party members would change that i should post it here. So if anyone has any ideas on an alignment and a small party with members that wouldnt clash with each other, could help a brother out.
All of those things are up to you. Your cleric's alignment as far as good/neutral/evil does influence which kit you can take (you don't lose any abilities, but which extra abilities you get from the kit are different for each of the kit). And the party members (other than those that just don't like each other) will stick with you unless your reputation goes too far in the opposite direction from them (good NPCs and a very low reputation, and visa versa). Of course, that part is just like BG1...

Personally, I would go with good or neutral to start with, with good being the easiest, then neutral, then evil. Evil has the deck stacked against them in the series (higher prices, guards popping up to attack, etc.). And as far as party competition, go with at least one of every main class (one tank, one cleric (you), one thief, and one mage). Personally, I would add some multi and dual classes to this. My first run through the game, I went with 3.5 tanks, 2 clerics, 0.5 thief, and 2.5 mage, though in BG1 an extra thief and one less mage doesn't hurt (thieving abilities are low at that point).

However, do whatever you want...it's your game. And don't be afraid to experiment.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote