Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-21-2003, 05:17 AM   #1
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Spoiler - HLA TOB mentioned for the fight against Improved Irenicus !

I read in one of the topics that Implosion (Cleric HLA) bypasess MR. Can I hit Mr. Wraith of Wrath with it or is he completely immune to every spell ?

I have "cunning" plans for other bad guys but he might pose a problem.
Or maybe I should try Energy Blades - since his AC is really low. +10 THAC0 would be helpful.

Any suggestions ?

Playing solo R/C - no summons.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Never tried hitting Wraith of Wrath with HLA's, so I don't know for sure, but according to NI, he is immune to spell level 1-9. while it doesn't say anything about HLA's. AFAIK, HLA's are maybe counted as lvl 9 spells as well, so I would suggest that you don't take me on my word here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

He isn't immune to HLA abilities, because they count as level 10 spells and not as level 9 ones.. they only pop up in the 9 level table because there isn't a level 10 page

Kangaxx (immune to 1 - 9 level spells) is also effected by HLA's.

So he is not immune to Implosion and/or Energy Blades.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

The Wraith is actually immune to everything you'd be immune to if you were under the effect of a PfM scroll. MMM and Energy Blades count as weapons, which is why they both go through PfM. You'll be able to hit him with Energy Blades (highly recommended), but Implosion will be as useless as any other spell against him.

[ 04-21-2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-21-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You can kill him with MMM,but you are a R/C...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM   #6
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
The Wraith is actually immune to everything you'd be immune to if you were under the effect of a PfM scroll. MMM and Energy Blades count as weapons, which is why they both go through PfM. You'll be able to hit him with Energy Blades (highly recommended), but Implosion will be as useless as any other spell against him.
Thanx Rataxes. So I better load some up on some Energy Blades - I don't want him to hit me.

Still far away from that fight (entered Underdark) but must choose HLA's.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #7
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Never tried hitting Wraith of Wrath with HLA's, so I don't know for sure, but according to NI, he is immune to spell level 1-9. while it doesn't say anything about HLA's. AFAIK, HLA's are maybe counted as lvl 9 spells as well, so I would suggest that you don't take me on my word here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What did you try to hit him with ?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:48 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Cheese ahead:

Time-Stop ---> Shapechange ---> Mindflayer..
Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 AM   #9
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

To Rataxes:

I found one of your posts where you mentioned that you plan to solo R/C. Did you beat Imp. Irenicus on Insane ?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:52 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Cheese ahead:

Time-Stop ---> Shapechange ---> Mindflayer..
No,you cannot eat this cheese,becuase he is immune to it.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote