Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-06-2001, 02:21 PM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry to hear about that Raistlin. I hope the change works out for the best mate If I lived there I'd gladly help. As I don't I'll wish you all the best.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-09-2001, 09:01 AM   #12
Raistlin
Manshoon

Sorry about the delay in response folks. Thank you for your words and efforts.

Seems like everyone has someone they know who has lived there. Sounds like one of those jokes that happened to someones friends sisters uncles neighbor who actually lived there LOL.

Bahamut- Am I that good? Depends on how you view things. I think I am at least that good(it is less than I make now). You see I have a competitve attitude and because of it I have succeeded at everything I have done. I have a very interesting background in production management and in sales. The problem is that I no longer want the risk associated with the erratic income of sales. The production management experience probably gives me 20% of the qualifications for just about every mgmt job a plant would have but does not give me 100% of any one in particular. I have no real fear of not getting a job, the question is will it be quick enough to allow me to get out of what I do now.

As for the why of all of this. My wife has been diagnosed with a genetic problem that is very likely to cause a sudden and premature death or at the least give her a very hard life from here on out. I don't know yet, but all of my kids appear to have some of the symptoms. I will be able to test them in a few weeks. The condition is very very rare. Doctors in Buffalo are not knowledgeable about it. Since there is no cure or treatment the best thing we can do is to move near those who know about the condition and how to deal with the myriad of complications that arise when a blood vessel or organ fails. Johns Hopkins Institute in Baltimore appears to have people who are familiar with our needs, hence the move.

Everyone here is very nice and supportive. I would ask that no one add to this post with posts of sorrow or sympathy. If you can directly help that is okay but I really have a full plate and can't afford the time to read lots of I am sorry type stuff( besides since you all have good hearts, I know how all of you
would feel).

Well gotta go, the realtor has given me alot of stuff to do to prepare my house for the market. Hey, anyone want to buy a house in a Buffalo suburb?

------------------

Balance