Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 12:40 AM   #41
Elite Waterdeep Guard

still getting there, but i remember armi, memnoch, et al responding to my first posts with great dispatch and clarity. i guess the first time i was able to answer someone's q before anyone else got to it made me feel at least not like a frosh. i truly enjoy the back and forth on the board, but between my computer crashing 75-100 times in the last 3 weeks (not an exaggeration, btw- i got my money's worth out of microsoft fee-based tech assistance), work, and a custody battle so labyrinth it makes bg2 seem like tic-tac-toe, i have not been able to keep up, much less be involved as i would like. just put my daughter to bed, and have stuck tape to eyelids to keep them open to sneak on to board for a few, because i find this place is one of the few things in my life that is actually working the way it should i don't care about off-topic posts as long as they are labeled as such, and i think it is a good thing that people feel comfortable enough to discuss thingsin addition to the game. which, btw, due to all the crashes, windows re-installs and hard drive reformats, i have had the ?pleasure? of actually playing the game to about the graveyard district in chap 3 with a fighter, cleric, fightercleric, fightermage, monk, fighterthief, kensai,and even tried a blade. i really hope to get beyond that level if my comp will ever stabilize, because i have found that saving games to a floppy does not mean you will be able to reload them later (oh, the humanity!) but, i bet i am as familiar with the game up to that point as just about anyone *sigh* speaking of which, i have discovered a curious infinity-loop sort of thing happening in umar hills, which i will post new if the tape holds out long enough.i hope the personality of this place remains the same as much as possible, i have checked out other boards, and this IS the only worthwhile one,IMHO
Old 02-05-2001, 03:23 AM   #42
draconia

I still feel like a newbie here. I felt more welcome here and braver to post when everyone was so nice to me when I mentioned my dislike of living where I do. I was so afraid to post anything because I felt like I was crashing a party of people that know each other and I am a stanger. I use to just come in here and search for answers for my questions. Everyone have a good night, I know how the tape on the eyes goes newbie, I use toothpicks.

Old 02-05-2001, 04:31 AM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Draconia, that's what I meant when I mentioned earlier that newbies might get the impression that the board was getting cliquey, it's so not! Just ask Cloudbringer who a couple of weeks ago was a newbie and now is one of the Queens of Spam! At least she just spams in her threads

What do you have to say to that, eh StormQueen? That's what you get for snaring me in your devious eye of the hurricane...
Old 02-05-2001, 01:03 PM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch: You are making me wonder about your own alignment (nudge, wink, nudge)! And to quote somebody or other: "You ain't seen nothin yet" (very big grin)

LadyZ! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder ( no pun intended, honest!) But he did write the niftiest poem, didn't he? Besides, it would appear you have the top spot in Armie's harem (wink, wink)! , I'm just one of the dancing girls...(snickergiggle) Boy, I need some sleep. Well maybe I'll get another cup of tea before I hie off to do battle with goblins and golems.

Coming, turbovee!
Old 02-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #45
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well to be honest I still feel a newbie
Everytime I start to become a regular (which happens every now and then when people start noticing I'm gone)
I disappear for a week and when i come back I have the feeling the board has moved on without me and has forgotten me (snif...)
and i have to catch up the old posts and establish myself as the one and only true bringer of sweet ambrosia once again...
Old 02-06-2001, 12:09 AM   #46
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Draconia! How could you feel thus sister!
Old 02-06-2001, 03:47 AM   #47
draconia

It is official, I no longer feel like a newbie, I have a brother!! Thanks Yorick, can I tell my kids that they now have a new uncle??
I understand what you are saying Memnoch but sometimes it is hard not feel that way. I use to come here a long time before I even signed up to post. I use to just read all the posts.
Lady Zekke, if I could write poetry then I would write you a poem. I am not good at that kind of thing. I will have to give it some thought and maybe give it a try. Do not worry, it will not be like the one that was written to Cloudbringer.

Old 02-06-2001, 04:41 AM   #48
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

With a risk of sounding repetitive I gonna have to say that, as soon as I finished the game I stopped feeling like newbie as I could start answering questions instead of asking them (though I'll probably never stop asking), but it's encouraging to come here as you can always count on help and therefor I try to make my contribution as well.

From the artist formerly known as bpm07
Old 02-06-2001, 04:47 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Love your sig and your nick, Vic! I was going to include you in my list of posters but i couldn't find your profile (the search function was a bit ffffed up yesterday.

Melusine, how could we ever forget you?? You have the coolest name, even though you did have a tendency to drool in the past...
Old 02-06-2001, 04:53 AM   #50
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Thanx Memnoch!

I had some problems with my profile myself yesterday as my computer chrashed twice while I was trying to modify it, but it seems to be working now!

Cometh if thou darest...