Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2000, 08:54 AM   #11
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

you cant cast spell strike?... isnt that level 9 spells? hmmm.... that can only mean one thing ... MY BRO EDITED the GAME with no EXP CAP ... CRAP and i though my character was legit. oh well ... no wonder i can cast level 9 spells. *ps i think my bro did it cuz he wanted the easy way out... i checked his stats and he has 25 galor stats and has one of the best items in the game * what a cheat... anyway im getting further away from my topic so i just wanna know if its my mage that can cast level 9 spells is because i have higher level than i suppose to have or i really can or its a bug ...dunno for me...
Old 11-21-2000, 09:10 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you're playing with the cap on the highest level you can get as a mage is L17 and that means no Level 9 spells. You can cast them from scrolls though.
Old 11-21-2000, 09:19 AM   #13
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

great just great... im already level 18 or was it 19... (but the experience is legit!!!) did alot of subquest i can find and did this and that. i just wanna make a comment thogh ... sometimes i think the cloak of mirroring is a unbalance item in the game since it practically makes a fighter turn into a wizard slayer giving us fellow wizards and mages a hard time on how to counter it... although i like using it on my fighter thief. any ideas in case i have to duel ?
Old 11-21-2000, 01:59 PM   #14
Archmagi Wah

Thanks everybody, I feel like I can take on the whole of Faerun with this much info!!

I got rid of the exp cap as soon as I found it. I just couldn't wait to cast some of the Lv 9 spells (especially Time Stop........oh I love that spell!!)

Another tactic for those of you who didn't do that, is to cast another type of my favoutite spells - duplicates.

By that I mean spells like Project Image and Simulcrum which creates your double. Equip your most powerful level 8 and 9 scrolls in your quick items before casting and use them without losing anything!! (from your double)

Oh yeah, Omegadawn, I'm still staing at the monitor with my tongue hanging out after you told me about that 1042hp damage!!