Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 12:43 AM   #1
jinny
Dungeon Master

hey people! how's it goin? well i have a bunch of questions about this game and i jez thought i would post some up now and let u guys ponder about it...

1. Jaheira and Aerie seem to be fighting... Its pretty fun to watch... but just last time Aerie questioned Jaheira's loyalty to Khalid OOO!!!!!! BURN... DIs.. err... will this fighting reach up to a point where one of them has to leave the party?

2. the type of monster im most scared of is of the UNDEAD kind... i hate being level drained! if i see and undead monster i just RUN! i cant stand unexpected vampire battles... and that one part (a spoiler that u SHOULD read) in the crypts during korgan's quest that damn ambush by the undead...(end spoiler) i would rather KILL my characters than be level drained... the negative plane protection is really really short... and i usually run out of it... and get level drained... or the duration expires and get level drained... i cant stop this level draining! is there any PERMANENT protection against level drain? or protection that lasts a long time?!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:50 AM   #2
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

in later stages there will be a reward with permanent leveldrain protection. there are some weapons that kill undead instantly if they fail to save. wand of lightning works fine versus all undead. maybe you have to have your best AC char in front so you don't get hit at all. AC -13 or more is fine. best defense is to be the aggressor.

your aerie - jaheira problem : sorry i cannot help you out as i think of aerie to be most useless and never pick her up.

[ 07-08-2003, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: Bloodtitan ]
Old 07-08-2003, 02:54 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Making sure you've got a cleric with a number of Restorations on stand-by might not be such a bad idea either. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And as far as I know, the quarrels between Aerie and Jaheira never ends up in actual fighting or someone leaving the party... There are party combinations which result in something close to dynamite, but Jaheira/Aerie isn't one of them IIRC.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

1. They are fighting because of the romance. At one point you have to decide for one of them and this will put an end to the fighting.

2. Undead in SoA are easy.
a.) There are several very powerful anti-undead weapons and items in the game that take the "un" out of "undead".
b.) To avoid level drain you can cast the priest spell "negative plane protection".
c.) "Turn undead" will easen up your fights a lot.
d.) Several priest spell are specifically designed to harm undead.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:15 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There are two items in unMODded BG2 that make a character immune to Level Drain while the item is equipped.

#1: Can be used by any character that can cast spells (including Paladins and Rangers). To get it, follow the main plot of Chapters 2-3. (Pay somebody the money to go find Imoen & Irenicus, etc.)

#2: Can be used by Bards, Clerics, and any Warriors. To get it, you'll have to
A) Get past a lot of Undead (sad but true), and
B) Talk to some folks in the Temple of Helm, and then a lot of shuttle diplomacy, and get past some more Undead.

If you have Westley Weimer's Item Upgrade MOD, there are an additional 2 items available to you.

#3: Conflicts with #2, above. Can be used by Bards or Warriors of Good alignment. To get it, you'll have to
A) Buy an item in a bar, and
B) Talk to some folks in the Temple of Helm, and then a lot of shuttle diplomacy, and get past some Undead.

#4: Can be used by anyone except Mages, Sorcerers, and Monks. To get it, you'll have to
A) Go to the Docks district and get involved in a major quest designed to show that there is honor among Thieves, and
B) Go on a long hike out into the country, get past a lot of wolves and (you guessed it!) Undead.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:06 AM   #6
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
There are two items in unMODded BG2 that make a character immune to Level Drain while the item is equipped.

#1: Can be used by any character that can cast spells (including Paladins and Rangers).
rangers? really? - cool . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote