Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 05:45 PM   #31
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Radiation problems on the moon?

I'm not specifically aware of any, other that which would be encountered in space in general. Shielding of the lander and spacesuits would be what handled that. As to the technology not being able to do this, we put several astronauts into space on Spacelab a few short years latter and that wasn't a problem.

Why do you think the radiation in space would be worse than that from the nuclear reactor meltdown of Chernobyl? We sent them to the moon, not to the sun [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] . If the radiation in space were that bad, man would not have gone into space at all.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:48 PM   #32
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Not to sound like the X-files and stuff like that, but my research has been very interesting, and if any of you have questions, ask away.

jeez!

so it's your specialty but you just got a "calling".

I can't believe it - this thread's bloody hilarious!!!

Old 02-27-2002, 05:49 PM   #33
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Not to sound like the X-files and stuff like that, but my research has been very interesting, and if any of you have questions, ask away.

Don't worry about the Men In Black suits, worry instead about the men in white suits...lol.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:49 PM   #34
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

I'd call you paranoid but I'm too busy laughing. And how can aliens be your specialty? I don't recall any training courses of that nature. Or did you just read ufo snippets in papers and make up your theories?

LOL, i live in a small village so i really have nothing better to do than think. I think the internet might have corupted my mind.
I believe it was SecretMaster that said aliens are his speciality. Cause my speciality is the theory of where pizza *really* came from. But the NSA (or maybe even Cloudy) would kill me if i shared that one.
Now lets stop the Al bashing (maybe i should stop giving you ammunition)
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:51 PM   #35
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:

LOL, i live in a small village so i really have nothing better to do than think. I think the internet might have corupted my mind.
I believe it was SecretMaster that said aliens are his speciality. Cause my speciality is the theory of where pizza *really* came from. But the NSA (or maybe even Cloudy) would kill me if i shared that one.
Now lets stop the Al bashing (maybe i should stop giving you ammunition)

sorry - just can't take this thread seriously . As for pizza it's obious - they are summoned from hell by the Illuminati and broadcast via television

Old 02-27-2002, 05:53 PM   #36
jabidas
Silver Dragon

quote:

Then could you tell us why they didnt go to the moon? I also heard somewhere that the shadows were wrong in it, but im not sure, I just discounted it.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #37
SecretMaster
Apophis

First off, guys, your laughter isn't appreciated. Why the U.S. didn't
go to the moon is because of the massive radiation belts blocking the path, if play the astronaughts movements x4 it is normal running, a russian satellite saw pictures of what looked like the moon at area 51, There were no stars in the backround, the flag was waving, and pieces of the rocket was missing.

No i didn't read snippets from magazines or newspapers. I have bought a book so far, and some of my theories are true too.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:00 PM   #38
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:

I'm really glad you asked that Neb. It was oftern thought that the first counrty who landed on the moon would will the cold war. Americans feared if the Russians go there first they would build a nuclear siklo on the moon. Baring in mind juring the cold war the USSR and the USA were bitter enemies and anything that one side had that the other side didn't was a minor victory. At the time the Russian space program was much better than the American one.

Howdy Al. I'm not going to slam your theory. Although I do agree with Cloudy that, on the scale of Conspiracy Theories, this one's pretty low. But, having been accused of being a 'Crazy' myself a few times, I can understand some of your points.

But, one thing you need to take into account. If the moon landing, hence the entire Space Race was based on fraud, how do you explain the massive societal changes that came about from it? When the USSR sent up Sputnik the American administration went NUTS. "You mean...they've got stuff in space before we do? We cant have that. We're the USA!" BOOM...All of a sudden, almost 50%(!!!!!!!) of the GDP was being dumped into NASA and the space program. Suddenly, almost the whole focus of the US was on space. The space race reached its fingers into every facet of out society. Engineering, metallurgy, electronics, computers, heck...Even the food market(Can you say TANG?..."It's what the astronauts drink" heh).

And the pinnacle of that race was the moon landing. Without that, most of the program would have been scrubbed and the USA would have lost the race.

And, all things considered, if the landing really was faked, then SOMEONE with actual, credible evidence would have come forward by now. I mean, there were what? 6? 7 landings? That's an awful lot of people in on the secret. All of the astronauts, the engineers at NASA, Flight Control. Then you have the people that would have been needed to perpetuate the hoax. The ones on the 'set' if you will. Sound folks, TV crew, set builders, etc etc etc. And that doesn't even take into account all the people who watch the takeoff. And those that watched things on telescopes etc.

It's an interesting theory, but, having been a rabid follower of NASA and a big fan of space exploration/travel, then I have to respectfully disagree.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 02-27-2002, 06:01 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Don't worry about the Men In Black suits, worry instead about the men in white suits...lol.

*GASPING FOR AIR* Ronn! You owe me a towel or a dry monitor! HAHAHAHAHAHA [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 06:02 PM   #40
Lord Shield

quote:
First off, guys, your laughter isn't appreciated. Why the U.S. didn't
go to the moon is because of the massive radiation belts blocking the path, if play the astronaughts movements x4 it is normal running, a russian satellite saw pictures of what looked like the moon at area 51, There were no stars in the backround, the flag was waving, and pieces of the rocket was missing.

No i didn't read snippets from magazines or newspapers. I have bought a book so far, and some of my theories are true too.

1) It may surprise you to know your authorisation is not needed for our laughter

2) if it's true then WHY is it still just a theory