Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-15-2000, 09:19 PM   #11
Armisael

(sadly watches crowd of bard-lovers amass around Glorick)

Old 12-16-2000, 02:16 PM   #12
Jon the Hell Caster

um.. Glorick right now all those items are on my comp. Because I made them. If you want one you can email me at yos@gis.net

Old 12-16-2000, 03:01 PM   #13
Bardo

How bout the harp of tell glorick to go ■■■■ off and stop slaggin the bard when he is a shitty half orc how dumb can u get.What class are you umm let me guess a fighter.Have you ever tried a bard?????

Old 12-16-2000, 03:08 PM   #14
Jon the Hell Caster

I am a Necromancer hence Jon The Hell Caster. I am about to start a game as a bard. Which one do you think is the coolest Bardo?

Old 12-16-2000, 03:45 PM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

I haven't tried any bard kits myself but from the stats I'd have to say a skald or jester is best. A blade is... well, we all have our opinions about HaerDelis haven't we? (personally I think there are worse characters in the game, but oh well) A jester has the abilities to confuse enemies with bard song which I suspect is helpful, and furthermore, his kit hasn't got any restrictions. The skald's restriction is a weaker pickpocket ability, but if you have Jan or if you use some items like the Gloves of pickpocketing that wouldn't matter (and knowing you Jon you'll probably think up some cool harp yourself which increases pickpocket abilities). The merits of the skald are +1 damage and combat bonuses with the bard song. I think the skald is also interesting because of the historical background (nordic bards actually were called skalds and are interesting historical figures)
Old 12-16-2000, 03:53 PM   #16
Jon the Hell Caster

well Melusine you're to late. I already made a Harp which increases pick pocket abilitey and its called "Harp of The thief" sadly its not working. Did you get the bullets?

Old 12-16-2000, 04:10 PM   #17
Holy Mage Wah

You know Jon, it would be kinda sad if you made all these great items and THEN decided that a bard was not worth being. I recall you being a druid once? (hmmm my memory isn't that bad!) - Did you make tons of items for it too? heh heh, just reassuring ya. happy creating!!

Old 12-16-2000, 06:39 PM   #18
Glorick the Half-Orc

Bardo, I assume you must be quite mentally challenged, but a lot of youngsters read this forum and you should refrain from "colorful" language... I guess you wish you were a "gangsta rapper" judging from your silly sig and your lack of social graces. I wonder if someone could make you a custom character to fit your wonderful personality - perhaps a boom-box-carrying buffoon who steals at will thinking the world "owes him" and kicks people when they are already down... Or just plain shoots them in the back.

Old 12-17-2000, 03:12 AM   #19
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yeah Jon Irenicus AVENGER DRUID
we will fight for neutrality
And now he is evil
C'mon not every necromancer is evil
Do you recall me???
or my apprentice Kaël (no sorry he was not a necro)
Old 12-17-2000, 05:23 PM   #20
Jon the Hell Caster

Darn... All right my disguse is up. Yes I used to be a an Avenger Druid. But I still am Netural. A Necromancer works for anyone who pays money just like Yoshimoe.