Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-31-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I done all thats here. However I want to know 2 things.

Spoiler

1. Wich boots should I get ? Boots of Speed or Boots of Grounding and Bots of the North ?

2. I no longer have acces to my special abilities. Why ? Is it to do with the slayer change as I know this becomes an option there later.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 03-31-2001, 07:08 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
1) Get boots of speed, it's a good boot that gives your tanks 1/2 more attack and haste
2) Yes, I think so, everytime I got the slayer change ability all more other minor innate abilities are gone. But I never use either one of them so I guess no harm was done to me.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 07:10 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just to clarify point 2, you should still have your class/kit specific abilities like enrage for my berserker or kai for the kensai after you gain slayer change.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 07:26 PM   #4
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

Spoiler

I dont have slayer change yet. I know you get the option later. I don't have any options at the moment. I did have "Slow Poison", draw apon "Holy Might" and "Lay On Hands". Do I get them back ?
Old 03-31-2001, 07:31 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
Unfortunately, no you won't. Later on you will get the slayer change after a of dream sequence. I think this "losing innate spells" is due to getting your soul sucked out by Jon.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That's odd.
spoilish, maybe
My Cleric was a Priest of Lathander, and she didn't lose ANY of her Lathander Kit innate abilities after Slayer change became optional. Can't remember if the non-kit innates went... but I used the Lathander stuff in the final battle..

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 03-31-2001, 07:45 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

POTENTIAL SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yeah, the class/kit specific abilities should stay, only spells like cure light wounds, minor drain, draw upon holy might...etc will disappear after part of the chapter 4 drama.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 07:49 PM   #8
Lord Shield

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
Only Bhaalian special abilities get replaced with the Slayer change (Lachlor's minor drain, for instance, disappears). All class abilities remain.
>
>
My preference is with the Boots of Speed. 2nd one in the game which I give to 2 tanks (they hit anybody bothering my other characters)