Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-19-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

While fighting the priests on serpent temple my character keep on getting poisoned and I run out of cure poison potion. If I just leave it how long will it last?

Any spell which can cure poison?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The vine spells cure and cure poison will do the trick . Or you could drink the yellow colored potions that you can buy in town and find around the place. In the Serpent Temple, you will get to a point where you will 'make' a certain yellow potion (spider nectarine), but do not drink it. It has the ability to cure poisons as well, but you'll need it towards the end of the serpent temple, so hold on to it.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ahh gee, I don't have any vine spell ( only have spirit magic currently ). I guess I'll just have to cure myself when my hp is very low.

[ 03-19-2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Ahh gee, I don't have any vine spell ( only have spirit magic currently ). I guess I'll just have to cure myself when my hp is very low.
If you're willing to do it, run back to Ishad N'hahahaha and buy a couple of cure poison potions from the armory or wizard shoppe.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

The poisoning will last forever. You must get rid of it. Possibilities:

- The Cure Poison spell (level 4 Vine spell). Never fails.
- The Cure Poison potion (yellow potion) often dropped by the serpent priests. Collect them and sell them only if you gain the spell. The potions never fail. Note that you need not have identified them.
- Curing in the temple. Well, that means that you have to return in Ishad N'ha and pay 100 - 300 gp per curing.
- The Spider Nectar crreated from the spider eggs in the temple. You will need at least one nectar later, therefore, don't get rid of all of them. This should be an emergency solution. Prefer the Cure Poison potions.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The potions are the best bet. The Den bought 20 or 30 cure poisons in Ishad N'ha, at the wizards' guild (IIRC).

You probably don't want to use them in the middle of a battle, since you might get re-poisoned. Few things are worse than using three potions in the same battle. Not that I've ever done that, mind you... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
Lord

BTW, don't get rid of the cure poison potions once you get the vine spell for cure poison. When you get it, you probably won't have enough mana to cast it multiple times, so keeping the potions for back up is a good idea.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... I'll agree to some extent. You do regenerate mana, so you may not be able to cast it multiple times quickly, but you should be able to cure everyone before they die.

I probably wouldn't sell them, but I wouldn't buy any more, that's for sure. They are cheap insurance... unless you're carrying over a hundred of them [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 03-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #9
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmmm... I'll agree to some extent. You do regenerate mana, so you may not be able to cast it multiple times quickly, but you should be able to cure everyone before they die.

I probably wouldn't sell them, but I wouldn't buy any more, that's for sure. They are cheap insurance... unless you're carrying over a hundred of them [img]smile.gif[/img]
I remember only being able to cast 2, maybe 3 at most when I first got the spell. Not enough for a 6 person party if you're getting venom bites thrown at you from all over the place

Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Agreed. When you first get it, waiting to regain enough mana to save someone else's life can be annoying, for sure... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+