Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
CaveTroll
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey guys, I have this weird problem. I am in the spike room where I have the final showdown with Lassal. The room has lots of traps in it, so I have Yoshimo (120 trap detecting) detecting those traps to disarm them. The problem is, he won't detect the traps, even though I am standing very close to them. This way I can't disarm them and I can't reach Lassal without considerably damaging my party. Can you guys help?

I already stood about 10 minutes near the place where I knew a trap was, but Yoshimo just won't detect them. I do not have the Mage Spell detect traps by the way and I don't want to cheat.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
IIRC, you're not supposed to disarm them. It would seem rather impossible to yank these huge spikes out of the ground one by one. And pointless. Just send someone with a lot of hitpoints to talk to Lassal, then lure him back to the safe corridor.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
CaveTroll
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I see, thanks man!
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, you SHOULD be able to disarm the mechanism that triggers the spikes.... Or be able to SEE where the triggers are...
Old 06-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Andraste
Manshoon

Alternately, send a string of summoned allies to get him. They won't set off the traps, so they can wander about in there with impunity. If you have Jaheria, a couple of fire elementals might be all it takes.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Well, the thing is, I don't think the idea is that you're triggering spikes, just that you're stepping on them.
You might be able to walk around them. If memory serves, you should be able to look at the spikes themselves, avoid the huge ones, and walk near the edge of the room and be more or less okay. Mirror Image may or may not also help here.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:51 PM   #7
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

As a matter of fact, walking around the edge of the room downwards, will not trigger even 1 trap.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #8
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Or you can send someone with stoneskin or ironskin to lure Lassal out...
Old 06-18-2004, 06:16 PM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

you can disarm them, you must have a bug. Walking round the side does work like Black Baron mentioned.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:00 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Well, the thing is, I don't think the idea is that you're triggering spikes, just that you're stepping on them.
I would buy that if I didn't keep seeing "Trap Sprung" and this big spear shooting out of the ground every time I step in a trigger spot.

The traps in the Spike Room (or "the room of blood and blades," as Lassal calls it) cannot be detected or disarmed by any means, including the Priest spell Find Traps. You just have to either
A) Learn where they are and don't walk there, or
B) Send someone in protected with Stoneskin or Ironskin (Mirror Image might work too.

And there's no need to send your entire party in there. Just lure Lassal out into the hallway like a normal person.

Interestingly enough, these are the only Traps I've seen that can actually damage enemies--albeit rarely. I have a screenshot of a Vampriric Wraith dying to one.