Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-18-2001, 02:16 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I know I've read this somewhere but I forget. I have the horn, what else do I need? (I think its a gem) and where do I go? Thanks for any help!
Old 09-18-2001, 02:46 PM   #2
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

you need a diamond and a beljuril. there is a small quest for a beljuril in umar hills, but I just picked one up somewhere in athkatla. and you need a bit of cash. then go to the merchant on the wooden market in the promenade to upgrade it.
Old 09-18-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
Werewolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
Take the horn and a diamond to the 'merchant' in Waukeen's promenade (labelled on the map). He'll build you a new horn that summons a 7th level berserker warrior. To upgrade again, give him the horn and a beljuril gem (one in the Umar Hills inside the chicken) to be able to summon a 9th level berserker warrior.

------------------
Do you have 'a life' if you like what you're doing? Or does everyone else have to like what you're doing too?
Old 09-18-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Werewolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol, we posted that reply more or less at the same time
Old 09-18-2001, 03:12 PM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

thanks for the reply! I saved the beljuril from that quest. Just need to go and pick up a diamond (I'm sure I sold them all off).
Old 09-18-2001, 05:48 PM   #6
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

The only problem is that for all the trouble to get the horn, its not really very good. If you manage to get the upgraded horn VERY early in SoA, he might be helpful, but by the time you are in chapter 3, even, and tackling harder quests, he is very poor fodder, worse than skeletons. The spider statuette and the djinni bottle are much better.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:43 PM   #7
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Hmm the horn is not any trouble at all to get. In fact whever I play its the very first thing I do after I leave the promenade. You just walk in pick it up and leave. Having a critter you can summon once per day early on is great. I have found though that upgrading the horn is not worth the money for me. Since the horn is really only useful to me early on (later on the creatures you can summon are way better than the berserker) but money is more useful than the upgraded horn.