Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-28-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
Absynthe

Sorry about the late response, I was at lunch....

I also posted in the original thread, but I'll repeat it here...
I always use the "quote" function, although I sometimes edit the original text if it's only a small bit that I'm responding to.

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 03:21 PM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry just noticed. As I said in the other thread, *flush* one good theory down the drain... you see, when Silver Cheetah quoted your text in which you'd quoted her, it showed up as "double quote" in her post (check the thread again to see what I mean)
I'd thought that could have something to do with whether you quote manually or use the quote button, but apparently I'm wrong

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Old 09-28-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Sorry just noticed. As I said in the other thread, *flush* one good theory down the drain... you see, when Silver Cheetah quoted your text in which you'd quoted her, it showed up as "double quote" in her post (check the thread again to see what I mean)
I'd thought that could have something to do with whether you quote manually or use the quote button, but apparently I'm wrong

That the original quote shows up again in the new message when quoting is just a bug that happens at time.

Btw, dearest Kazlein (yes, feel free to kill me for that one ... ), have you had any success with finding a good German source for the English language versions of CRPGs ?

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-28-2001, 03:34 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry, nothing. I'm going to order from www.amazon.com, which means 40DM shipping and handling (ooh yay) as well as +2 weeks waiting.
And Kazlein??? Grr...

PS Thats 8DM per shipment plus 6DM per Item (I'm going to buy Black and White, BGII and ToB)
To be honest, I'm considering leaving Black and White be... it sounds REALLY cool, but I'll be completely broke if I buy it too.
------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 03:50 PM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Thanks, Kazara, but I am afraid 40 DM for the shipping and handling isn't actually too bad: when I was considering ordering BG II directly from Interplay they wanted to charge me 60 bucks for the shipping and handling - yes, that is more than the actual price for the game ! Needless to say that I am now a less than proud owner of the German version.

Dearest Kazlein, may I abuse this opportunity to gently remind you that we are all still anxiously awaiting the arrival of your photos at Stealthy's ?

(After all, always good to keep an eye on how the "Nachwuchs"(youngsters) develops )

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Old 09-28-2001, 04:11 PM   #6
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Kaz, may I make a suggestion...Go ahead and find SOMETHING of you to post on Stealthy's. Ramon will just hound you until you do!

But then, he may harrass you once you do. Telling you that your pictures are good enough or complete enough in some way...

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 04:22 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Kaz, may I make a suggestion...Go ahead and find SOMETHING of you to post on Stealthy's. Ramon will just hound you until you do!

But then, he may harrass you once you do. Telling you that your pictures are good enough or complete enough in some way...
Here, Miss DragonMage, it shows that you are still rather a newbie here: Both Bili and Moiraine are much more relentless and unscrupulous when it comes to that and Moraine is even far worse than I am with afterwards complaining about the delivered product ...

------------------
So long !

Old 09-28-2001, 04:26 PM   #8
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Here, Miss DragonMage, it shows that you are still rather a newbie here: Both Bili and Moiraine are much more relentless and unscrupulous when it comes to that and Moraine is even far worse than I am with afterwards complaining about the delivered product ...
Don't call me a 'newbie'. I can't stand that term. Certainly YOU of all people can find a better term than that. Hmmm?

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 04:33 PM   #9
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Sorry, nothing. I'm going to order from www.amazon.com, which means 40DM shipping and handling (ooh yay) as well as +2 weeks waiting.
And Kazlein??? Grr...

PS Thats 8DM per shipment plus 6DM per Item (I'm going to buy Black and White, BGII and ToB)
To be honest, I'm considering leaving Black and White be... it sounds REALLY cool, but I'll be completely broke if I buy it too.
Would it be cheaper for one of us in the States to buy it and ship it to you?
It's not that hard to do... I have easy access to Int'l shipping, as I'm sure a few other people on the forums do.

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 04:52 PM   #10
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Don't call me a 'newbie'. I can't stand that term. Certainly YOU of all people can find a better term than that. Hmmm?
Hm, apparently, I've done it again: offending by attrition, abrasion and accumulation. I apologize.

------------------
So long !