Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-13-2001, 02:55 AM   #221
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Bar-b-q is over a flame or coals and kalua pig is ON the coals. You keep your dry ass bar-b-q pork. Kalua pig is so tender it falls off the bones.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-13-2001, 05:39 AM   #222
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I'm sure they COULD, but should they? An Army marches on it's stomach, from what I've always heard.

BK

ah ha no! you wrong no army no matter how well trained cannot force march for even a day without food or water. they will collapse of exhaustion before the time elapses.
but it is possible to just sit on your fat arser and watch tv without food or water. just do a 24 hour famine

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 08:12 AM   #223
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Do you mean 24 hours or just from when they wake up to about 6 pm? Japanese forced captive us soldiers to force walk a pretty long way but I dont know if it was non stop all day.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:15 AM   #224
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Do you mean 24 hours or just from when they wake up to about 6 pm? Japanese forced captive us soldiers to force walk a pretty long way but I dont know if it was non stop all day.

force marching for about 12 hours. without food or water they becoem exhausted and dehydrated

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #225
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Okay, bachlor here, but best guesses:
Due to something in milk being solidish and also gives the poop a wonderful aray of greens and yellows. Jaundice is (I believe) cured by holding the child under a special light. I want to say a black light, but I think that is lack of sleep talking.

BK babytalk

Not bad for a Bachelor.

You were close enough to count it right with the milk. Milk has proteins in it that are similar to those in solid foods and thus manifest as a solid waste rather than entirely liquid.

Unfortunately a newborn's poop is black. It's the consistency of tar and cleans up just as easily .

And jaudice is cured by light. Sunlight is the easiest method. Place a naked jaudiced newborn in the sunlight and watch that yellow color disappear. If that isn't working quickly enough, there is a special light blanket the child can wear that emits a light very much like sunlight .

I won't torture you with more babytalk Enjoy your bachelorhood.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:52 AM   #226
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
**BK blinks twice, consults his magic eight ball** True? I think it's time to get another bloody ball. I don't rightly know, but I think it has something to do with grounding the current so you don't fry all your appliances . . .

BK

Phew, I wasn't just me thinking it was a bit weird. I've no idea either, maybe I should contact my old physics teacher, unless anyone else can help?

Old 05-13-2001, 11:32 AM   #227
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Hey BK - nice answers to my last questions, now try these:-
1)For which building material is Aberdeen, Scotland famed

2) Is this true, and if not why not http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

Quote:
1. Dunno. Slate or sometype of stone material is my guess . . . nothing jumped out at me.

2. Cute site. Be funnier if it had links . ..

1. Granite

2. No links being the point lol

And you thought this thread would die out - NO CHANCE!!!

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 05-13-2001, 11:58 AM   #228
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudy;
Moni,

Yes! WAY COOL! I never met anyone who even knew where Tripler was, til recently! And someday I plan to visit Hawaii. It's on the list of 'things I simply must find time and money for'! Turbovee did some time (navy) in Hawaii and knows the area too. Is it true your son and I were born in a big pink hospital? LOL

Caleb! Mention it as often as you like! That's where you come from, that's where your experiences are! Wouldn't have it any other way.

Cloudy, who ADORES pineapple, but isn't so keen on Spam (the alleged meat!) *snicker*
Cloudy,
DO plan a trip there! I lived there for just over seven months...just long enough to plump up and give birth.
It is truly one of the most beautiful places on the planet!
Yes, it is true, you and my son were born in a big pink hospital! Do you know how it got its pink color?
Better yet, let's ask BK!

Black Knight? How did Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu HI get its pink color?

Cloudy, my son has a series of pics I took of the island from TAMC's parking lot...Diamond Head, Honolulu, and Waikiki Beach all in view!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-13-2001).]

Old 05-13-2001, 12:19 PM   #229
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Cloudy,
DO plan a trip there! I lived there for just over seven months...just long enough to plump up and give birth.
It is truly one of the most beautiful places on the planet!
Yes, it is true, you and my son were born in a big pink hospital! Do you know how it got its pink color?
Better yet, let's ask BK!

Black Knight? How did Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu HI get its pink color?

Cloudy, my son has a series of pics I took of the island from TAMC's parking lot...Diamond Head, Honolulu, and Waikiki Beach all in view!

Moni

Moni,

My dad and stepmom went to Hawaii for a vacation a few years back, took my grandmother and my stepmom's mother(a few yrs before she died). They talked about the trip for months. So I had my desire to go renewed a hundredfold! LOL

And yes, do let's ask BK about that pink hospital! Turbovee told me it was a huge pink building, so I'm curious to know why it's pink!

I have a few photos my dad saved of Diamond Head and my parents with me near the Dole pineapple fields. Funny, I don't remember it....HAHAHA

PineappleUpsideDownCloud

PS: BK, good job so far!

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-13-2001, 12:31 PM   #230
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hey Cloudy Jerome was telling me all about those nasty nasty things you did to him. I think it was losing about 3 arms a leg and eating himself???????
That's a big no no and if you try that with me, be warned! I can always go back to a diet of elflets!

------------------