Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-24-2002, 10:20 PM   #1
Deathcow
Elminster

i wish i had more control over them. is there a way to make them come back to you when they run off into a big mob of monsters? i really hate it when Tomi runs at a group of 5 escaped prisoners and a gang leader (level 4-5ish) and gets himself killed. i run the other way, tell him to guard me, anything i can think of, but he wont come back to me!

please tell me theres a command i overlooked to make him come back [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know it's a pain isn't it? Same for me, Boobyknock just goes running off, I command him to Stand His Ground, and he does, but only for a bit then moves again! Forget trying to run away and gain some ground to heal, if he's run into a crowd, even if I can see a way out where he could run, he will never respond to the Follow command! Not to mention after we have rested, he will suck up all his good spells on nothing creatures if I don't stop him, even when the creature falls dead he is casting on it still What a waste! You gotta be on him every step of the way or he just does what he wants, which is just plain stupid, i.e., running headlong into a crowd of three or more monsters, never backing down, and using your best spells on lesser creatures so you are plump run out by the time you get to anything combat worthy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ah well, he dies, I pick him up later at the Hall of Justice LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Deathcow
Elminster

im just glad you dont have to re-hire them every time they die [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
Madriver
Manshoon

I hot-keyed the follow command, works like a charm.
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
DeSoya
Manshoon

I had the "run ahead and die" problem with Tomi Undergallows. I think Madriver's solution is a good one. Or you can hire Linu, the cleric. She seems to be slow and gets stuck on everything. Also if she does manage to escape my grasp she can always heal herself while taking a beating. The only thing that has managed to kill her was a dire bear. I'm playing a fighter though, so the second solution might not work quite as well.

DeSoya
Old 06-25-2002, 07:04 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

one option that may help a little is have them only use ranged weapons. they may still attacke but they wont run over to them.