Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2001, 08:02 PM   #1
Vortessa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in Dungeon level 5 and have met a cave of infernal harpies - how do I defeat them?
Vortessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 12:43 AM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yeah, that is one tough battle. Do the following BEFORE entering that cave area: First, cast prayer, recitation, hope, and courage upon your members. If you got Oil of Speed by all means use it. The amount of arrows and bullets that a party can shoot is unbelievable when magiced this way. Haste if you don't have speed. Giant strength as well as Magic Shielding are also tremendous helps. Giant Strength + Speed + Weapons = Tremendously Deadly Force. Then take it real s-l-o-w. What I mean is pause, pause, pause. Watch closely what is going on because they basically come at you from three directions, have your one spell caster cast a fireball up the one hall. Cast Monster Summoning and Animate Dead for fodder. An elemental would help here, too. Hit as many of those Harpies with ranged weapons as much as possible before going into melee'. Also, have your cleric behind your front line fighters because I am sure they'll need to be healed in the course of the battle. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Albromor (edited 08-17-2001).]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:07 AM   #3
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Potion of magic resistance and haste will do. If you're good. It did for the two of us.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:48 AM   #4
Vortessa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the assistance, I'll try them all and let you know how I got on.
Vortessa is offline   Reply With Quote