Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 06:30 AM   #1
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I open the "door" in the chamber with de lich in de cave of the dead in the town of Amkethran?

------------------
If it is evil you seek, seek no further...
Arquetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 06:47 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

dont worry, its in the story line, you will be able to open it when...

spoil!

when you defeat your two other siblings and you have to go against the monk or balthazaar

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 08:46 AM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Arquetal:
How do I open the "door" in the chamber with de lich in de cave of the dead in the town of Amkethran?
You can get in there as soon as you get to Amkethran, if you like. Here's how...

***SPOILER***
Go to the tavern and speak with Marlowe. He will ask you to come to his home up on the cliff and talk to him about something he needs some help with. You can then go to his house and speak to him. He tells you that a lich has stolen his daughter's soul and Marlowe wants it back so he can restore her soul. He asks you to go get it for him. Apparently, he has paid off the monk guarding the entrance. After speaking with Marlowe in his home, you can go and talk to the monk guard at the entrance to the cave. He'll let you in...then you can get in just fine. Good luck!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 05:42 AM   #4
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, no.

This is not what I meant. I've already defeated the lich.

But on some higher platform, there are several doors (most of them trapped), which you can get on to by climbing some ladders. There some skeleton archers are waiting for you to send them to oblivion.

Are THERE it is, that one door, in the middle of all the other door, just won't open. There's no monk, but there must be a key. And I ask you all: WHERE?

Btw, that storyline thingy is not it. I tried that, but finished the game without ever opening that door.

------------------
Old 08-15-2001, 07:18 AM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

those doors provide one of the ways to enter Balthazar's fortress when the time comes to do so. there are two other ways to enter it though so it's not necessary to use those doors...
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 07:45 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

opps... forgot to mention that it IS one of the ways to enter :0 opsie

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 11:05 AM   #7
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

k thnx
I think I'm done nagging around now

------------------
Old 08-16-2001, 08:26 PM   #8
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, I was not the only one curious about what would be behind that door. It just had to be there on purpose. So did the house next to Marlowe's. I couldn't figure out what to do there.

spoiler ahead

But when you talk to Saemon Havarian the second time in the smuggler's cave, you can ask him about another way to get into the monastery. He will tell you that the guy next to Marlowe's (Faheed) has a key to a secret entrance in the Cave of the Dead. Faheed planned to kill Balthazar himself, silly bastard. This key will lead directly to Balthazar's throne room, so without having to kill some monks first. (Hey, I don't need to be cleansed from my sins.) So not a whole new area behind that door.

And fighting Balthazar is fun anyway, he smashes everybody all over the place. But good fighters have some special abilities, too.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote