Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 08:43 PM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Of the three links in this post, only Larry's first link worked for me.

With as much patience as I could muster, I waited for the download to complete. I clicked on the file and up came Quicktime. There were a couple of errors, so I just clicked past those. No time to waste you know. And what do I get? Great sound and a white screen. AAaargh!

So I switch computers. I move to the other computer in the house and download the same file. Same problem. Now I'm thinking I have a corrupt file. I scour the net for other download locations. I find one and download it with my download accelerator. No luck! Still a white screen.

Now I'm thinking that my download accelerator is corrupting the .mov file. I download it the old fashion way. Still no luck.

I delete everything and start over. I decide that maybe Quicktime needs updating. I click on the updater and it says that my program (Quicktime 4.0) is up to date. So I scour the net for a .mov player that will work. I find one and download it.

Installation of the .mov player doesn't go well. Installation locks half way through. I try to uninstall and start over. No luck, the program is stuck in the registry. I do some hunting for the installation files and find that the .mov program is trying to install spyware! Aaargh! I clear the Temp files and run RegCleaner to get rid of that .mov player completely.

I decide to check the Quicken website to see what might be wrong -- and I find that Quicktime is now on version 6.0! So I download 6.0 and install it.

Now all I need is the trailer. So I go back to the searched links only to find that they are disappearing quickly. I found a working link and downloaded.

It worked! Yeah!

Was it worth all the hassle? Yep.

Oh the stress of it all!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:04 PM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Boo Hiss!! I can't get any of the links to work.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 07-31-2003, 10:59 PM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Boo Hiss!! I can't get any of the links to work.
Try this link to get a short list of 3 links.

[ 07-31-2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Father Bronze ]
Old 08-01-2003, 12:30 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

damn.. i wanna watch it now [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] . it looks so good!!

[ 08-01-2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-01-2003, 12:50 AM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
damn.. i wanna watch it now [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] . it looks so good!!
Yup, that's why they're called 'teasers'.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:39 AM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

Why did New line want it to be taken down?
I thought august was the month they always posted the teasers... so what if it it's few days earlier... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 06:40 AM   #17
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Maybe they have contract or something.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:53 AM   #18
Jorath Calar
Harper

Just watched it... [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Why December!... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 06:56 AM   #19
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Only three months to go!
2 months,44464 hours,48644212148 seconds and counting...
Old 08-01-2003, 07:07 AM   #20
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Only three months to go!
2 months,44464 hours,48644212148 seconds and counting...
WAHHH!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]