Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2004, 01:08 AM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

This afternoon I bought the new Rift Runner game called Beyond Divinity. I thought it would be at least as good as the first game Divine Divinity. Well In my opinion it totaly blows the first game away. I got the game at 9:30 this morning and I had it home and loaded by 10:00, and I just now decided I need to go to bed. I've been playing 14 hours straite and almost non-stop except for calling the pizza delivery and then eating it when it got here. This is one of those games that once you start you just don't want to quit.
For those of you that played the Demo it doesn't compair to the complete game in fact the demo is the begining of the game but only the training portion to learn to use the controls after the point where you fight the giant spiders and the demo ends you really start to have some fun. For the next 4 hours after the demo protion I battled and worked puzzles and different types of stratagy to try to get to the surface (SAVE OFTEN) I died 25 times until I figured out which combinations worked correctly. I won't give away the next 7 or 8 hours of game play it just keeps getting better and better with every turn!

The game is a little like SACRED mostly in the scenery and art work but with alot more roll playing and thinking out your next move and The fighting of alot more monsters.
I'm not tring to put down Sacred because I've been playing it every day since april 13th or 14th and having alot of fun with it. I just find this new game is more fun and I like the party system in it better.
so hopefully those of you that injoyed the Demo will have already bought the game and those that haven't got it yet then go get it, it's worth every penny of the $39.00 I payed for it and for those of you that never played the first game Divine Divinity, It comes free with Beyond Divinity. Two games for the price of one.

Ziroc if you read this go get the game it is more than worth it.

[ 05-09-2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 05-09-2004, 02:58 AM   #2
uss
20th Level Warrior

Really? I was uninterested when I played the demo. Maybe the puzzles would be too difficult for me? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Anyway, now I'll surely consider taking this game. [img]smile.gif[/img]