Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #11
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
When I was still a student, I then to finished up my assignment/ school project as early as possible. However, much to my annoyment other students will copy my whole work. For example while I was in Senior 1 and we got this Geography Project to do. I was the first to finish it ( as usual ). You know the entire Senior 1 students go and photostat my work and copy straight without any changes. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

So I suppose there is an advantage of doing things in the last minute. No one would copy up your work.
Yep, just got done going through that last semester. Got accused of scholastic dishonesty because other students copied my work (actually our work, since it was a group project, but I did most of it myself). At least they found out the responsible students and I got off the hook.

I just got out of a Corporate Tax Accounting test 45 minutes ago (essentially a law class, due to all of the regulations involved). Of course I waited until today to really hit the books (took off from work to study for it). It was bad, but I think it would have been bad even if I studied 1000 hours for the damn thing (everyone else was walking out after 80 minutes like I was complaining about it). I have another test on Saturday morning; I will be doing all of the practice tests for that online class tomorrow night (haven't touched the stuff in a week...).

So, I guess I can understand procrastination. The worst was writing 2 papers in 3 days (first was a 20 page paper due on the second day, then a 10 page paper due in another class on the third day). Of course, waiting until the last second on the second paper, I figured that the research would back up my theory, so I wrote the paper expounding my theory, then waited for the research to come in to back it up. Then the research came, and it completely disproved my theory, so I had to completely re-write the paper. For both papers, I pulled 2 all-nighters in a row (2 full 24 hour days and into the third day). Of course, I didn't have a computer at the time, and the lab computers went down right smack in the middle of typing the second paper (I was so glad just to get rid of that thing). When I finished each paper, I just went up to the instructor's office, handed them the paper, and told them that I would be missing class that day. And the worst part is that I had to work that day after finishing the second paper; I went home, slept two hours, and had a 10 hour day of hell on a busy Friday night (pizza cook).

I try not to procrastine too much anymore (that 2 paper incident taught me that), but I still find myself doing it all of the time. I guess I just need to be disciplined about it.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 04-01-2004, 10:40 PM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ahh procrastination. All to familiar with me. I still remember 2 years ago, when my youth pastor asked me to teach a lesson. He gave me one week to prepare. Sunday comes around and what am I doing 15 minutes before I'm supposed to teach? Flipping pages trying to put a lesson together. I succeded, well sort of. The lesson I came up with, while covering the topic, only lasted about 20 minutes and it was supposed to last at least 45 minutes. Not that I was being graded on it for anything. I just kinda fell through on that one.

My problem at the time was simply poor prioritizing skills. My current problem is the same with a few improvements made.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 AM   #13
spydar

well I wrote my test, am fairly comfortable with it. not going to say confident, cause as soon as I say that I get a crappy grade back, so I'll just say comfortable.

but now I have to still write my papers. ever get to the point where you're just so very beyond caring? I...just...don't...care ANYMORE!!! not a good place to be, I realize, and yet...here I am.