Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well, today, when I was walking to my class, I heard people talking about someone bombed "US federal building." I was joking like "wow, I got to tell them I didn't do it."

Until... I heard how many people have been murdered... one thousands of them so far. one thousand! Something just stuck at my throat then, it was a strange sensation of gratefulness and utter sorrow. I was so grateful that none of the people I know were involved, my parents, my friends, teachers. and when I thought of those people who directly suffer a loss of their significants, I just could not stop the urge to cry and moan for them.

and just when I thought I have witnessed the worst, news came that Palistanians were dancing over the dead americans "celebrating". I was speechless. the hatred of people banish the very thing that marks them human: humanity, they became so incapable of sympathy, grief, caring... then what is the difference between them and beasts? today's loss is not just couple thousands people's lives, it is the loss of humanity. it is the loss of compassion, love and worldly caring that marked this day a tragic.

I don't know what else to say, for words is paled in the presence of such horror. I just have to stop thinking about what happened and be grateful that everyone I know is fine. I wish the best for all of you
Old 09-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #2
DEADMAN
Manshoon

I know what you mean. No one wants to believe something like this could happen. Nothing affected me more than watching the wtc collapse. Did everyone make it out ? How many are trapped?
Old 09-11-2001, 03:57 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Go on with your lives people.

we live happy lives and happy we shall be. we only loss to terror if we submit and crawl in fear and cowerdiance, such as certain people that I dare not to mention. I am going to continue to live my life, and more so, I will find more purpose doing it, because I know that I can help strike back by doing exactly the opposite of what the terrorist wanted

Go on live your lives people, just remember the loss