Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-18-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Yep,my beloved little 2i got stolen last night.

Luckily, the police caught the guys, and they are meant to be wanted for a load of things. Anyway, its safe, they caught it about 5miles from where I parked it.

But, its been impounded at the moment for forensic testing, on fingerprints and clothing samples, so I cant get it back just yet.

They've got it on video camera doing 120mph down the wrong side of a motorway, but it wasnt damaged in the chase luckily.

But, I'm assuming that they have wrecked my lock and the ignition barrel (or maybe the window, who knows), but Ill have to wait until I see it to know the damage.

Gutted, cos this is the second time in a year it's been broken into!

But, I have to say, for once, the police seem to have done an excellent job, as getting it within 5miles is quite impressive! So, at least I'm thankful for that!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Do you happen to live anywhere near Leeds ?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] That really sucks man
Though its good to hear they cought the bastards.
What kind of car do you have (I vaugly remember you mentioning it before I think, but cant think of it atm [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 01-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Heh I guessed that you must've got it back from the lack of sad emoticons in the topic title
Johnny -it's Manchester that's particularly full of thieves, not Leeds
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

thats pretty good when catching them 5 miles from your parking spot. Did you call the police when you found out?

its better that your car was found though. my cousins car got stolen and the police assured him that 80% of the cars were found and broguth back... after 6 months with no word, i guess he was part of the 20% unlucky bloke. (this is australia though).

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-18-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Heh I guessed that you must've got it back from the lack of sad emoticons in the topic title
Johnny -it's Manchester that's particularly full of thieves, not Leeds
Well, i saw something on tv the other day, about there being an awful lot of carthefts in and around Leeds. Mostly kids, who take the car for a night of joyriding, and then leave it completely ravaged somewhere on the other side of town.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well the north of England is generally considered dodgier, higher crime etc. so it's probably true what you saw
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-18-2005, 08:05 AM   #8
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Heh, I live in the North of England. Glad we've got ourselfs a good reputation [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lav, you seem to have a run of bad luck with cars! Hope this one's fixed soon. Do you have insurance to cover the breakage?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Oi you guys, I'm manchester born and bred lol.

But no, I was in Newcastle at the time. And Id didnt know it was taken, I had been to the cinema with my girlfriend, and when I returned it was gone.

I went and informed security, and he said we've already got it. So, it was stolen and recovered before I even knew it had gone.

So, the police geniunly did a good job....they had just robbed a cash machine, and were fleeing when they entered my car.

Cloudy, its insured.Has to be by law.

The damage is: Both front windows smashed, door lock ruined and ignition ruined. Pissed off about that.

And by the way, its a Mk3 Fiesta RS Turbo shell with an XR21600 engine bored out to a 1800cc.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]