Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 07:31 AM   #311
Helspanth
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is we never liked you!
And why is that?
Because you almost never get half as far as they do?
Old 06-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #312
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
that's all just jokes Lanesra, don't make such a big deal out of it.
Invalidating someones offense is not the best way to make peace. Why don't you guys apologise and edit your posts accordingly.

War is a sick reality. Did you think that maybe Lanesra fought or knew someone in that war?

Even if not, that's always a possibility. There are guys from Ironworks who fought in the Gulf War. Do we joke about that?

Let's be a little more sensative to others feelings hey? It's a good idea to learn TACT regarding jokes.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-08-2002, 07:33 AM   #313
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

would be a major shock if china defeat brazil would it?

nah...it would never happen. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 07:52 AM   #314
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What a disgraceful effort by that linesman - the Azzuri were ripped off - I wanna red card the official running that line [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 07:55 AM   #315
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
quote:
Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is we never liked you!
And why is that?
Because you almost never get half as far as they do?
[/QUOTE]Did Evita never reach Greece Helspanth?

If you need to know why I dislike them (and I'm talking about the football team and theur fans rather than the Nation as a whole) where should I start?

1966 Word Cup quarter finals. Argentina try ro kick us off the pitch, their captain Rattin is sent off.

Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal when he cheated to knock us out and boasted about it ever since

Simeoni's baiting of Beckham four years ago.

The reaction of the Argentinian players as the two coaches left the stadium in St Ettienne four years ago. The England players were with their wives and families. The Argentinians screamed at the English coach, ripping their shirts, banging on the coach windows and shouting abuse. Such a nice group.

That's why yeserday's victory was so satisfying.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-08-2002, 08:15 AM   #316
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
lanesra and yorick, i agree with both of you, war is certainly not a thing to joke about, but in this particular thread i don't take it as serious as you guys obviously do. If this were a thread about politics i would considder it insulting towards argentinians, but since this is a footballthread i look at it as some kind of a goofy remark, like you hear them in footballstadiums all the time and so was my reply. But if you guys insist i'll delete my post, just say the word, the last thing i wanna do here is make people mad over nothing.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:21 AM   #317
Donut
Jack Burton

Okay let me pass some of my experience to you all.

When watching a football match in a pub always make sure that the table that you are sitting at is far enough away from you that it (and all the drinks on it) don't go flying when you score.

Secondly - drinking eight pints of cider and 6 pints of guinness is just about acceptable - but never, ever drink large vodka, large tequila and red bull during the same session because the world gets a bit wobbly then.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-08-2002, 08:30 AM   #318
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Okay let me pass some of my experience to you all.

When watching a football match in a pub always make sure that the table that you are sitting at is far enough away from you that it (and all the drinks on it) don't go flying when you score.

Secondly - drinking eight pints of cider and 6 pints of guinness is just about acceptable - but never, ever drink large vodka, large tequila and red bull during the same session because the world gets a bit wobbly then.
i know that Donut, now what's your point ?
Old 06-08-2002, 08:51 AM   #319
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
lanesra and yorick, i agree with both of you, war is certainly not a thing to joke about, but in this particular thread i don't take it as serious as you guys obviously do. If this were a thread about politics i would considder it insulting towards argentinians, but since this is a footballthread i look at it as some kind of a goofy remark, like you hear them in footballstadiums all the time and so was my reply. But if you guys insist i'll delete my post, just say the word, the last thing i wanna do here is make people mad over nothing.
I think that's a decision you need to make for yourself johnny.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:05 AM   #320
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
would be a major shock if china defeat brazil would it?

nah...it would never happen. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Errrmmmm can't really see it happening. Just over 15 mins left, and China need to score 5 goals. Brazil have looked GOOD though.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?