Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-03-2001, 12:47 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I See you Lurkering! Come join us!

Hehe

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Official Drooler over Sigs, Pics, and JPEGs, oh my
Old 04-03-2001, 12:52 PM   #2
Draconia

Hi BK!!

[This message has been edited by Draconia (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 12:52 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Certainly. What's the topic? I'm on my lunch hour, don't you know...
Old 04-03-2001, 01:01 PM   #4
Black Knight

Oh, just wanted to say to someone I didn't know. Saw you lurking in the back. Hehe. HI

BK

------------------

3 Man for Life
Old 04-03-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HA! Hi there Throntar! BK is playing 'catch the lurker'!

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSIONS FORUM! We can discuss anything you like! You are at work now? Well, at lunch, apparently. Do you get an hour or a half hour.

I sure remember when I had only a half hour for lunch...yuk. Never could run an errand AND eat lunch! LOL

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forum

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-03-2001, 01:21 PM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi!

Nice to make your acquaintence . Sounds like a bit of a tiff in the Inn, hmm...

I'm typically only on sporadically during the day (daytime in the central U.S., anyway) while at work. If I can find a topic that tickles my fancy in the Inn, I'll drop by.

I basically despise spammers, so I don't usually post if I don't have anything useful to say...ya' know:questionmark:
Old 04-03-2001, 02:04 PM   #7
Black Knight

Fair enough. Just wanted to say hi! And let Cloudy do here thing. (you know she would have)

BK

------------------

3 Man for Life
Old 04-03-2001, 02:13 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Hi!

Nice to make your acquaintence . Sounds like a bit of a tiff in the Inn, hmm...

I'm typically only on sporadically during the day (daytime in the central U.S., anyway) while at work. If I can find a topic that tickles my fancy in the Inn, I'll drop by.

I basically despise spammers, so I don't usually post if I don't have anything useful to say...ya' know:questionmark:
Well, we use 'spam' as a term around here for anything not game specific and for 'spam' as the rest of the sane world knows it- the totally useless one word or gibberish posts or disruptive things. So if I tell you I'm the SpamQueen or Memnoch is SpamKing....I mean it in the 'off topic' sense!

So we won't see you post in the evenings? I see you are in the US so you have similar time frame to the board time. Are you a BG2 or IWD fan? Or perhaps you play one of the others that I'm not familiar with but am trying to learn about? Like Wizardry?

Cloudy, waving to BK with a smile

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-03-2001, 02:26 PM   #9
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi CB!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been around for awhile, just not being terribly obtrusive, is all...

Nope, I'm not typically on in the evening. No time in my day. Work all friggin' day, hit the gym for a workout, head home and greet the wife/baby, get dinner ready, clean-up from dinner, catch an hour or two of reading/studying and watch the baby for awhile, and hit the sack for my 5:00AM wake-up call.

So...as you can see, evening hours are tight. I'm basically on and off between 6:00AM CDT (USA) and 3:00PM CDT (USA).

I really enjoy all of the games in the BG series, but haven't had the time to check out IWD. I used to be really big into PnP AD&D years ago. As a matter of fact, Throntar was the name of my Dwarven fighter who basically squashed all before his Hammer of Thunderbolts. However, between my tight schedule, projects around the house, and my wife ragging me about being on the PC, time is limited for BG2 as well (unless I stay up all night long).

I'm essentially a BGDungeon refugee. I had been on this board a few times prior to BGDungeon shutting down, but not very often. I finally left that board (just prior to it shutting down, actually...they must have missed me ) due to an overload of assinine children who had absolutely no clue as how to socialize with other people without putting them down. Just got tired of it...

Nice to see that occurences like that are a rareity here.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:50 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Hi CB!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been around for awhile, just not being terribly obtrusive, is all...

Nope, I'm not typically on in the evening. No time in my day. Work all friggin' day, hit the gym for a workout, head home and greet the wife/baby, get dinner ready, clean-up from dinner, catch an hour or two of reading/studying and watch the baby for awhile, and hit the sack for my 5:00AM wake-up call.

So...as you can see, evening hours are tight. I'm basically on and off between 6:00AM CDT (USA) and 3:00PM CDT (USA).

I really enjoy all of the games in the BG series, but haven't had the time to check out IWD. I used to be really big into PnP AD&D years ago. As a matter of fact, Throntar was the name of my Dwarven fighter who basically squashed all before his Hammer of Thunderbolts. However, between my tight schedule, projects around the house, and my wife ragging me about being on the PC, time is limited for BG2 as well (unless I stay up all night long).

I'm essentially a BGDungeon refugee. I had been on this board a few times prior to BGDungeon shutting down, but not very often. I finally left that board (just prior to it shutting down, actually...they must have missed me ) due to an overload of assinine children who had absolutely no clue as how to socialize with other people without putting them down. Just got tired of it...

Nice to see that occurences like that are a rareity here.
Well then! You are doubly welcome! I did lurk in the BGDUNGEON and did NOT feel comfortable at all posting so I never did. I think I even told our Memnoch about it. Being female and unused to wearing flameproof gear all the time, I didn't care for the attitudes in that forum!

You will find that those occurences are indeed rare to non-existent. We may pick up more 'refugees' and I hope they catch on quickly to the sense of pride we all have in our ability to get along and respect one another's points of view. Oh and we do have FUN here too!

AS for having a RL, Hey, GOOD for you! Think you could find me one? LOL
Sounds like a pretty nice average day you have. Is your baby an infant still?

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen