Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 03:08 AM   #1
Thorn
Welcomed New User

Hey I'm not gonna bash SK it seems like a cool program and has alot of
of options...

Anyways I tried using it to make creating new chars easier...I can roll a 92 stat fighter or just make one in SK...its all the same in the end.

When I tried creating new chars I cant dual em now. Any characters I roll in bg2 or even roll in bg1 and transfer the char file over wont dual. Like in char sheet the dual-class button doesnt light up...like with demihumans and already dualled chars. I even reinstalled twice and I cant get it workin...mucho piss off...

I dont want to have to delete everything(save games/chars) so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions...but I know enuff about bg that I had everything right...human with good stats etc. I cant understand why they cant dual. My chars rolled before I used SK can dual just not the ones I roll now...but I dont have alot of humans rolled thx in advance for any help.
Old 10-08-2001, 03:51 AM   #2
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

well, you can only dual to something that is already a valid multiclass combination.

hmmm... i use sk to tweak characters all the time... are you trying to change a character you created or an NPC? i know that changing a character that isnt in the party hasnt worked consistently for me.

some things are worked into the scripts. for example, you cant make aerie dual class anything unless you also change her appearance to human, not just race. why that has anything to do with it, i dunno.

my suggestion is create the character as the first class and start the game or import him in. then quicksave and edit that file rather than just editing the CHA or CRE file. dont try to dual with sk; just edit the stats/race to allow it, then dual in-game.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:33 AM   #3
Thorn
Welcomed New User

No hehe when I load a newly rolled human char into a load multiplayer game I cant dual him or her...no matter what. I didnt try dualing thru SK...
Right now I cannot create a human pc character and dual class him or her...either rolled in bg2 or rolled in bg1 and imported...
Old 10-08-2001, 08:41 AM   #4
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

pffff cheats what the fun to it if you cheat ?

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
Old 10-08-2001, 08:49 AM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

Old 10-08-2001, 10:12 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn:
No hehe when I load a newly rolled human char into a load multiplayer game I cant dual him or her...no matter what. I didnt try dualing thru SK...
Right now I cannot create a human pc character and dual class him or her...either rolled in bg2 or rolled in bg1 and imported...
What class are you, and what do you want to dual to? And what are your stats? Some combinations are not possible, this is the only thing I can think of.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:44 AM   #7
Debaser

HEY. if cheating makes the game for fun for the person playing it, then to hell with the 'high code of non-cheating.' at least this is my opinion.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:48 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
HEY. if cheating makes the game for fun for the person playing it, then to hell with the 'high code of non-cheating.' at least this is my opinion.
Sure, I agree with you. But I think StarVid's showed his(?) friendly intentions.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:55 AM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

That's strange, I completed BG2:SoA two times with cheats and 7 times without, without first though.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:55 AM   #10
Rikard

IMHO what is the difference between rolling a 92 or making one?
anyway
are you sure the stats are right?
you need more then 15 in ALL prime stats of the first class and 17 in ALL prime stats of the second

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Spam Sentinal too...