Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-30-2001, 02:31 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

As well you know your characters gain proficiency slots as they advanced levels (Warriors 1 for 3 level, Priest/Rogue 4, Wizard 6) I wonder about which are the best choices for NPC's

My idea,

MINSC

Level 9: Dual-wielding +++ Mastery
Level 12: Long sword + Proficiency
Level 15: Long sword ++ Specialization
Level 18: Flail + Proficiency

NALIA

Level 12: Crossbow + (proficiency)
Level 18: Katana + (proficiency)

JAN

Level 12: Short bow +

ANOMEN

Level 12: Flail +

He's got the mace,flail,sling as well, all he need is a flail.

KELDORN

Level 12: Two-handed weapon style +
Level 15: Two-handed weapon style ++

So he'll kick ass with Carsomyr!

AERIE

Very hard to decide, she can wield shield but when I got her Sword and Shield style she doesnt gain any bonuses yes she's holding a mace but she does not gain any bonuses for her AC. I think it effects only her AC so I think It's much better to give her proficiency to flail.

JAHEIRA

I didnt play with her. She's not my kind of woman and dual-classed too. She's not beautiful as Aerie and her voice tone is worst than my Aerie. But she's a good fighter/druid so she can be specialized in any melee weapon.
Old 08-30-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I definitely wouldn't give Aerie mace or flail, she has about three hitpoints and would die even thinking about melee. Sling and shield would be better. I always give Jaheira staff, it seems druid-like, and there are two great staffs for her. Also, why would Minsc and Anomen both have flail? There is only one good flail so this is a bit of a waste. Also I just don't see Minsc dual wielding. It seems to take too many brains, he's more a bash on the head with a two handed sword for me.
Old 08-31-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Aerie uses sling+shield. But always, a character needs a melee weapon because in AI script when the enemy gets closer to you, your character automatically switches to melee weapon. Her AC is -7 and she's got over 50 HP's and if u cast stoneskin,protect from normal weapons she rocks

My main character is GM in two-handed. So I wanted Minsc to go with dual wielding longswords.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:51 AM   #4
Gedd
The Magister

i find Jaheira with sword and shield style, girdle of hill giant strength, Belm and a good shield rocks..
Get Iron skins and some resistances and she is one of the best fighters in the game.
For me she got an AC -8 and would easily give minsc a kicking (although i suppose she does have slightly better equip)
Old 09-01-2001, 12:21 PM   #5
Kitty
Manshoon

Just my suggestion: (for SoA)
Minsc: level 9 = flail, level 12 = long sword, level 15= long sword
Anomen: mace +++++ (for mace of disruption and skullcrusher) and war hammer + (for Crom Faeyr, which is found VERY late on the game). This makes him a vicious undead killer.
Nalia: I agree with you - crossbow is nice (especially in Underdark where you find tons of bolts from the kuo-toa and almost no arrows) and katanas for the celestial fury; Nalia has very good HPs for a mage and with stoneskin she can go into melee with a katana if needed.
Aerie: stick her with the sling. If she *ever* enters into melee combat, don't remove her shield, so IMO you can choose any 1-handed weapon .
Old 09-01-2001, 12:31 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Exactly! I agree and that's the proficiencies I'Ll go with.

But except of Anomen. I'll give him the crom faeyr so he needs slots for hammer so I give his slots to hammer. He's alrady specalized in mace.

And one more, for my fighter. He is GM in both 2handed sword and 2handed weapon style. I cant really decide which proficiency to increase? Halberds? Axes? Thank u for your advices
Old 09-01-2001, 12:59 PM   #7
Kitty
Manshoon

Just + in longbows if you don't have any ranged weapon proficiency.
Although it may seem strange for a fighter, take advantage from your 2-handed weapon style and try quarterstaves. There are some nice quarterstaves with magical properties and the Staff of Rynn +4.
Cheers,
Kitty
Old 09-01-2001, 01:06 PM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Yep I was thinking bout crossbows but my fighter is very tough he is always on melee so I dont think that crossbows will be useful. There isnt any person who is wielding katana in party maybe I can try out? or axes