Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-03-2000, 08:01 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I am a big fan of Might and Magic VI, VII, and VIII. How do you feel it compares to this game? Can you enchant items? Are the spells interesting? Is there a genuine differencec in clan types?
Thanks for your input.. I am thinking about buying the game tonight!
Old 11-03-2000, 08:53 PM   #2
Raldor

I played M&M 7 for a while and enjoyed it very much, so I'll comment on this, but its all just my opinion, having not finished either W&W or M&M 7. The games are somewhat similar in the way you play, the stats, and the inventory system. You have a paperdoll in W&W, and your inventory is a grid like in M&M. The graphics are better in W&W IMO, but I think some people would argue that with me. You can enchant items, but I haven't reached that level yet. The spells are alot like the spells from the Wizardry games. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I'd have to say I'm probably enjoying W&W about as much as I enjoyed M&M, but M&M definitely had a more polished and slick feel to it. W&W is unfortunately pretty sloppy, and it isn't clear when, or even if a patch will be released. There are glaring problems like no scroll buttons on your skill list, so when you advance far in the game, you can't access many of your skills. I have heard there are also many ways to render the game unfinishable, by doing things out of order or killing certain NPCs. I think I am only about a third of the way through the game, and luckily haven't had too many problems yet. The combat system is absolutely horrible, but most of the monsters are very easy, so it hasn't been a huge factor yet.

Overall, I'm having alot of fun with the game, but there's always a lingering feeling of dread and worry for when I run into one of the many serious problems with it.

Old 11-03-2000, 10:43 PM   #3
warmonger3

This game is very short. M&M 7 was so long, it was enjoyable. I am going to start A new game in M&M7 real soon. I hope Wizardry 8 is longer than this.