Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-21-2001, 01:36 PM   #11
Nevyn
Dungeon Master

BUMP LOL

------------------
The wisdom is only possist by the learning.
Old 05-21-2001, 01:39 PM   #12
Vampire

TACTICAL SPOILER...
I had Nalia who was 300,000 EXP highier. You don't need high level mages in Chapter 4 and therefore kick out someone get poor Imoen back in! She'll level up at least twice and three times by the end of Chapter 5. You need good fighters! All the spells I used were fireball and acid arrow.
Old 05-21-2001, 03:07 PM   #13
Tom
Elminster

You notice the difference between nevyn and armisael post is SIX monthes?

WHY BUMP??? HE/SHE AINT GONNA READ IT!!!
Old 05-21-2001, 03:26 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And besides, there are spoilers in this thread that are not properly labeled Spoiler. I hope Memnoch gets rid of this thread, soon.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-21-2001, 03:42 PM   #15
Legolas the Elven Archer

When I got Imoen back in my party I just kept her there until I beat the game. Personally, I don't use cheats but I didn't feel that another character would have been that much more useful than Imoen. From that, I would draw the conclusion giving Imoen extra EXP isn't really nessecary. You shouldn't have taken Yoshimo if you didn't want to lose the EXP, and even then you would have to dump another character to take Imoen with you and lose the EXP. Of course, It could be you want to give her additional EXP anyway, but that's not how I would do it.
In any case, wether or not to "improve your character" is ethical is highly subjective. I don't think it should be done, but a lot (or should that be a LOT) of players don't mind. If you don't think it is much of a problem feel free to enhance Imoen (or any other character).

If you find this matter really important (which you shouldn't) remember that you'd have lost the EXP anyway, as Imoen would have been your seventh character, so you would have to dump a member of your party anyway.
I would advise you to finish the game without cheating first, and after that you can always come back and explore the modifiing part.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 05-21-2001, 10:23 PM   #16
Floraowe
The Magister

spoiler
Quote:
Hey, I'm pretty sure Baal's power are dominant (not only but including in genetic ways). So would a child of Imoen and your PC have the full power of Baal ?
Even if bhaal powers were dominant, any offspring of the pc and Imoen would only be 1/4 bhaalspawn, assuming the laws of genetics apply. A child gets half its genes from each parent, and the half you get is more or less random, and is not affected by whether genes are dominant or recessive. You'd get better results with a bhaal-Imoen pairing, though. Their children would be 3/4 bhaalspawn.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:26 AM   #17
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ewwwwwwwww bhaal and imoen. You stop talking like that about my little sister.....dammit they sucked me in again this thread is ancient.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 01:47 AM   #18
trux

POSSIBLE SPOILER...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Imoen will go up levels fast as there is a lot of xp gaining in chapters four and five. i usually keep her in until she gets her soul back from bodhi (at least let her have her soul back,) and then drop her. i have a powerful thief in jan, and a powerful mage in edwin. plus, imoen kinda annoys me sometimes.

------------------
--
trux
Old 05-22-2001, 02:02 AM   #19
Rikard

You guys are mean
I thought i saw Armiseal being back again
I *hate* you Nevyen

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-22-2001, 02:34 AM   #20
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

It is a single player game, do whatever you wish. It's not like your cheating is to the detrement of others, so have at it.