Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
Alaric
Manshoon

I had three warriors. One was going to become a Barbarian, another one a Paladin and the third one was going to become a Ranger. I did the quest to become a Ranger and then went to the Temple to join the Brotherhood but to my utter suprise, the ranger can't join the Brotherhood. Why is it that the Ranger can cast Vine spells but can't join the brotherhood? Why is the Ranger the only elite class that can't join another guild? Is this a bug? It makes no sense.

Oh well, I guess I will have my warrior first become a Paladin before I change to a Ranger.

[ 08-02-2002, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Alaric ]
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:47 PM   #2
morningstar
The Magister

Hi Alaric!
You are right you cannot join the Temple with a Ranger as he is of the Warrior Class. Have you thought of getting him up as a Ranger as the skills he acquires as well as the cure poison at level 5 or 6 come in real handy later. I did that and when I reached Ishad N'Ha made him into a Ninja which is very powerful. He then acquires Moon spells which are really powerful as well as keep what he has got in the Vine spells? My Ninja warrior was one of the most powerful with those two skills. Others on the board may have some other ideas though and it really comes down to what you want. If you want the spirit spells you will have to make him into a Paladin after the Ranger and then into a Ninja. Then you would have Spirit, Vine and Moon, takes time though and several restarts to get him up high. These are just my thoughts there may be some better ones from others. Happy gaming!
Old 08-03-2002, 05:42 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Check the 'Quick Guide to the Roles' table on page 3 of the 'BEST TIPS' thread. There are quite a few roles that have limited guild access... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] ...Lucky for you, you didn't start a rogue. You can only join the 'Theives' guild....Which means your stuck at Rogue, until you get to Ishad N'ha...
Old 08-03-2002, 08:48 AM   #4
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you want a ranger at the end of the game why dont you consider making your paladin a ranger at a later date. To get most of the magic schools it is worth changing roles several times in a game.
Try leaving your ranger as a ranger until you the level 7 vine spells, because that is the only way that you can get them.
Definatly go to the best tips thread. It will give you a better understanding of how to get the best out of your charactors.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:16 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

And remember, your ranger doesn´t have to become a paladin to enter the priest guild. He only has to start the training! So go to the warrior guild and start him(her?) on the paladin quest. Then join the priest guild and after that cancle his paladin training.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

As mentioned there are plenty of places to research this topic.
But if you are looking for a spoiler, there are plenty of them also.
Here is a small tidbit for you.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
/
A
L
E
R
T

Take on the Paladin quest, join the Priest guild, then cancel the quest.
Reap the benefits of your endeavors.

Felix The Retired Assassin

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:52 AM   #7
morningstar
The Magister

Felix the Assain,
Thanks for that tip I will try it in my new game!

[img]graemlins/barbarian.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 05:44 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

I consider it a bug in the game that a ranger cannot join the Temple. He is a native Vine magic caster. The only place where he can train his Vinecraft is the Temple. So why he cannot join? Also, let us note that a ranger is the only class that can join only one guild (the Warrior's Guild).
If you are unpatched then do not hesitate and use the "guild hopping" trick:
1. Let you ranger pretend that he wants to change role to some class that can join the Temple (paladin, warlock, monk). Take the role changing quest.
2. Go to the temple. You can join immediately even if you haven't finished the quest. The fact that you are training for a class that can join suffices. (That's it. It does not work if you are patched.)
3. Let the ranger cancel the training for the new role.
You have a ranger who is a member of the Temple.
If you are patched then the "guild hopping" trick will not work. You cannot join before you become a class which is allowed to join. In this case, you have to plan your role changes. In the case of a ranger, you have to become some class that can join the Temple first and only then become a ranger.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:17 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ermmm.... Radek, I play the patched game, and the guild-hopping trick works for me.

I think this is the second time you and I have run into different results with the patch. Are you playing an English version of the game? If so, perhaps there are some differences in the patches.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:27 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

I've never been patched. As far as a patched game is concerned, I am parroting what I've heard about it. I've heard that guild hopping is impossible in a patched game.
So, guild hopping works in a patched game. Good. I've just improved my parroting [img]smile.gif[/img] And I do apologize for mystifying others.