Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-07-2001, 11:23 PM   #1
Dwarf

I don't know how I did this but I finally decided to head on over to Brimloch Roon.Upon arrival my party decided to take a look in the inn (there's nothing there, no spare or backup characters) and when I went outside I was greeted by the now familiar sight of Gareth! He then proceed to tell me that "Somthing strange has happened, something evil............ return to my house and pray" I was quite happy to sit and watch through this but feel obliged to ask is this a bug? Or is it because I reset a lot to start different parties in other saves (only six separate parties on the go for now) and then re load the old saved games (restoring quests etc).Maybe the computer forgot that I hadn't re set it because it was so used to it.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:38 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wow!!!

I'm impressed!! This is a totally new and very interesting bug/undocumentedfeature/wosname! I've never heard of anyone ever encountering Gareth again after the first encounter in Valeia! Now if you could just control this sort of unusual happening there might be some real potential in here. Maybe you could make Gareth appear between you and a nasty group of mantraps as precisely the right second - he takes the damage and you ready up to take those plants out!
Did anything else odd happen after this?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 01:50 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Perhaps . . . Gareth is dead . . . perhaps . . . you have gone on the that great inn in the sky. "Was he moaning . . . I want my golden arm?" Tis a sign . . . tread lightly, Balgin. Er, um how come the townspeople didn't resurrect Gareth? NOT ENOUGH GOLD!
Old 01-08-2001, 02:39 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well I suppose they wouldn't have enough gold to resurect Gareth now would they. We all know the conservation of energy theorems etc, so the Inn gold cheat can't physically create matter surely (just suspending my disbelief here - usually these games operate on a suspension of belief principle ). The cheat must actually suck all the worldy gold out of everyones hands (particularly the temples who end up with all of it because of the ridiculous cost of blessing) and vaporise it the Inn atmosphere or something. Well, something must explain why there is no gold to resurrect poor old Gareth.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 05:21 AM   #5
Erad

I clicked on revert game option in inn in brmloch roon, and gareth was there.

Erad
Old 01-08-2001, 11:32 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah yes - seems it did cross my mind that since you can reset the quests in any town that you could start out from Brimloch Roon instead of Valiea - so it would make sense that Gareth would be there. Just never tried it (yet). Thanks Erad!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
Dwarf

No, when you reset the quests you're characters either become permanently "out on an adventure, revert etc to start a new party or play again" or are teleported to Valeia, I didn't save after resetting, and re loaded my old save, after entering and leaving the inn (I did nothing in there) I saw Gareth appear and give me his intro speach. I thought it was just his ghost come to give me a major guilt trip about spending so long getting the Mavin.I reckon the townspeople could have resurrected him if they hadn't given me all that gold in rewards and skull bounties.
Old 01-08-2001, 05:30 PM   #8
Erad

No, You get teleported to Valeia after You click on "Reset adventurers" under options menu.Revert game just, well, reverts game to the last city, i think (havent checked it fully, but i KNOW that i clicked on revert and gareth was there is brimloch)

Erad

PS (I always have something post-scriptum ) I wont be online for a week (lotsa tests at school, etc etc).But I really like this forum and will come back on friday

I dont even know why i writed this
Old 01-08-2001, 05:34 PM   #9
Erad

URGENT QUESTION: IS THERE A 3rd WARRIORS GUILD QUEST IN ISHAD'NA?

I just figured that in every town/guild there are 3 quests, but I never got 3rd from warr.in 2nd city
Except rogues guild in 3rd city, but hmm, i need to do what they ask me to to do, then go do main quests (maybe there is 3rd quest there, who knows, like that mages 3rd (stupid one).What do You ppl think?

Erad
Old 01-08-2001, 05:44 PM   #10
Xignal76

Erad,

The third Armory (warrior) quest in Ishad N'Ha is to return the magic lamp from the cyclops area (other side of Boogre Prison).