Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 03:41 PM   #21
fdirs
Dungeon Master

To me this is a useless topic. You ask a question you can't get a straight answer from most people. You ask one thing you get something else. I say ONE weapon the majority answers. "Well Duh....I used a dual-wielding character huh-huh. I like these TWO weapons." How hard is it to simply answer the damn question?!
fdirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:00 AM   #22
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

holy budy...its ok!!!!!!

Like everyone else I gotta say axe of unyeilding. Its beefy.

Gorgasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 07:17 PM   #23
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Guys, guys, nobody is mentioning my favourite. HINDOS DOOM (can you say it?)!
My evil kensai (5 slots in katana and 3 in two weapons) is really kicking ass with this weapon and ?(a katana anyways, good to). A little click on the call kai, and he is doing massive (48-52 damage by every hit) damage! Add the greater whirlwind and you got yourself a killer machine! I love clearing places with this guy, he can practically go all by himself!!
Zayron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 10:53 PM   #24
Deathbecomesyou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

id duel wield axes of the unyielding -p
yes id have to play the game twice to legally get them, but ooo the power!
Deathbecomesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 03:41 AM   #25
Ixion
Dungeon Master

poor Fdirs.. nobody does it the way he want it. so i think i will be a little nice to him.

drums plz *drums starting in the background* Holy Avenger

------------------
When Ixion the mage walks, the world shivers. (old BG saying)
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 04:45 AM   #26
Erekose
The Magister

Robes of Vecna were pretty handy for my fighter-mage, you could just fire away spells. Best cloak is of couse was the reflection one but it didn't seem to have the same effect as before I installed TOB. Weapon would have to be Blackrazor closely followed my Crom Faeyr. Shields.... reflection was quite handy but the shield of harmony was quite useful. Ring of Graxx was the best by miles... though on weapons firetooth seemed to have a way of bypassing stoneskin spells because of the fire damage.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 01:33 AM   #27
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Hate to be unoriginal but Crom fayer is the best in my opinion. Strength 25 is handy against any enemy, can use a shield with it, kills creatures that half your party probably can't hurt (Golems) and means you can lug around masses of stuff without breaking a sweat. Axe of unyielding is nearly as good but it's more dependant on how good the character is, you don't have it for long enough and you never seem to decapitate important stuff.

Whoops. I gave two answers. Please don't hurt me.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 08:11 PM   #28
oldbittercraig
Elminster

too late, Draggor, they're coming for you.

On paper the ravager is the best, but when one considers weapon speeds, handedness (1 vs. 2), over class usability, I like Crom Faeyr. The ST bonus is great, it turns mediocre backline characters into dynamos and can be used both fighters and clerics... making Anomen or Viconia that much more dangerous...

As for personal favorite, I like Carsomyr- but then again I've always been attracted to role-playing over the top Paladin characters.

oldbittercraig is offline   Reply With Quote