Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #1
Spirits forever

Just curious.. are there any anime/manga fans here in ironworks?

if you are one then post your favorite anime manga here..
if you can then link a picture..
Old 01-11-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Manga: Demon Diary at the moment, I'm kinda broke >_<
Anime: Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing. Am looking into Inuyasha.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I like anime, manga, not so much. Anime I like? Anything by Mahiro Maeda (second renaissance, blue submarine no. 6), Hayao Miyazaki (mononoke, spirited away), and the trigun guy.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

I am very happy to see fans of Anime here [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought I'd have to start a new topic.

I love almost all of the Anime I've seen - Miyazaki's work, Takahashi's Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha, the Evangelion series, Hellsing, Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin. I definitely left something out.

Miyazaki made very original child's movies. They cannot be compared to Disney's work simply because Disney movies are trash, while Miyazaki's aren't. My Neighbour Totoro was the best child's movie he made. And of course, he also made Mononoke-Hime and Nausicaä. Nausicaä is a very old movie, very cool and similar to Mononoke but seems alot less popular for some reason.

I loved Rurouni Kenshin because it had the most cool characters I've ever seen in an Anime - and as we all know, Anime movies/series have lots of cool characters. It's the most recent Anime series I saw. I've yet to see the OVAs but I've heard many good things about them.

Trigun had Legato Bluesummers - That's about enough of a reason for me to love it

The EVA series was something different. The likes of which nobody's ever made. It was very symbolistic. Practitioners of philosophy and Christianity understand the symbols - I had Deathkiller explain the symbols to me over MSN
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

<font color=gold>
* Looks at mountain of VHS, DVD, CD and HDD's containing anime in the corner *

Naaaaah, just a moderate fan [img]tongue.gif[/img]
</font>
Old 01-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I like anime and manga pretty much, but I'm not always able to get my hands on it here. Working to rectify that issue soon.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Skye is, though I don't think she ever comes in here..

I'm more of a cartoon fan in general, but I mostly prefer anime. I sometimes get around to watching .hack//sign, and every now and then Inuyasha, but that's it.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Some of my favs.
Cowboy Bebop Series and movie (stumbled on this one before I knew what it was and loved it)
Ping Pong Club (funny as hell)
Trigun (Last half of the series)
Outlaw Star (Hotsprings episode, LOL)
Hellsing (love this vampire one)
Vampire Hunter D the second one (since I mentioned Vamps above)
Rahxephon (Not a big fan of Giant robo series but I like this one, nice visuals and music)
Heat Guy J (Was kinda put off by the look of the cover but was very impressed with the series, also nice visuals and music)
Ninja Scrolls the movie (a classic, I like the series one also, though not as much)
Spirited Away (didnt think I'd like this one but really enjoyed it)
Patlabor Movies (some think they are a bit slow but I kinda like em)
Ghost in the Shell (another classic and one I still pull out and watch)
Project Arms (just bought the first one and I am impressed, slick animation and over the top fight scenes)
Doh, forgot Macross Plus (acually love this one also)

There are others, but these are a few that I see on my DVD shelf that I had to own. If you want some info on the titles just go to Amazon.com or animeondvd.com to get some insight.

Just my 2,

[ 01-12-2004, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Sneeki Two ]
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #9
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Cowboy beebop
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2
Spirited away
Princess Mononoke
Chobits
Yu-Yu-Hakusho
Trigun
I love dem all! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #10
uss
20th Level Warrior

AH, lately I saw this masterpiece from Gainax(creators of Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL) called Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai - Abenobashi Magic District. It parodies NGE, Terminator 2, DBZ, Marilyn Monroe, Space Odyssey, Dungeons & Dragons, and many other things. It's hilarious!
uss is offline   Reply With Quote