Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #11
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
whats an audiophiles??
Sorry I took it as someone who has a music fetish. Well it'd pass the time in heavy traffic.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:45 PM   #12
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
i mean the one where you have exceptional hearing and so would rather invest in a super duper expensive system and use lossless data compression formats (mp3 is lossy data) in order to obtain the best sound possible.
I thought you might mean that. Well, not on this computer, but on my other one since I have 500gb of storage I try to as I might aswell.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:03 AM   #13
calon
Dungeon Master

I guess I'm a audiophile too

I wish i had a good audio system at home [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2004, 11:37 AM   #14
Double D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Offcourse i am, who isn't, everyone likes some kind of music.

DD
Old 10-04-2004, 01:12 PM   #15
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
i mean the one where you have exceptional hearing and so would rather invest in a super duper expensive system and use lossless data compression formats (mp3 is lossy data) in order to obtain the best sound possible.
Yup; my headphones & amp are worth over 1,800 USD -- won't listen to music on anything besides them
Old 10-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #16
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
quote:
Yup; my headphones & amp are worth over 1,800 USD -- won't listen to music on anything besides them [/QUOTE]Understandable, I suppose! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Well I got myself a nice surround sound system I must say.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:45 PM   #17
Thoran
Galvatron

I'm an audiophile wannabe... but in the end I have too many other hobbies to truly buy an Audiophile level system. I like to think of mine as "budget audiophile".

System
Onkyo THX Receiver, 5.1
Onkyo DVD Player, optical connection/progressive scan
Onkyo Dual Cassette Deck

Speakers
Center - Infinity Beta Series
Front - Paradigm Reference Series
Rear - Paradigm Reference Series
Sub - Paradigm 12"

Cables - Monster

I think it's a decent low-midrange system, cost me somewhere around $4000.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:52 PM   #18
philip
Galvatron

Well if you just buy CDs instead of listening mp3s [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm only audiophile with my discman and it goes as far as my ear thingies. I want the ones that I got with it as the sound is best and I like it best that way. I like my PC sound as well, though I just have normal speakers but it just sounds good to me.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #19
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm an audiophile. I will explain.

I can listen to music on two ways, both at the same time. The first obvious reason is the feeling reason, that everyone can relate to. Music gives the listener a feeling.

The second one is the important one. I can objectively analyse music by listening to the individual parts and listening to how those parts intertwine and work together to form the whole. This beauty, at least in my music, many music is lacking in quality of it, aids my first form of listening greatly to form a feeling of fulfillment to the highest level, sometimes touching the grace of God.

If you want some of my reccomendations in this field, listen to 'Heart of the Sunrise' by Yes or the 'Lark's Tongues', 'Starless' and 'Red' albums from King Crimson.

A sidenote that I want to make is that listening to music with headphones greatly adds to the experience. You get the sound louder, but not overpowering. This enables one to listen to the various nearly hidden aspects that are, at least in my music, greatly adding to the atmosphere of the song and to the greatness of the composition as a whole and on individual levels.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:24 PM   #20
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Uh, I'm one. But I don't see the importance of that.