Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2001, 04:02 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Dagger +1: Arist's Vengence

Description:

This is a decently enchanted dagger, and it is well balanced that it allows its wielder to strike at a lighting fast speed. However, it is not the design or the sharpness made the dagger's name. It belonged to an assastion named Arist Suzaki. Though he was an assasin by trade, most sages and historians argued that from the perspective of motivations, he was far from a real assastion.

To the east of Sembia coast were the more cilvilized and ancient kingdoms, such as Rasheman or Mulhrand. And to a bit furthur east were the untamed lands of frontiers. As the trading merchents walked all over the mutiverses, they eventually past the last stop of the Golden Way by the bank of the Lake of the Mists, just a week's travel east of Citidal Rashemar. And there were the people of the Firepeaks.

People who lived at the foot of the mountain Firepeaks were probally a brunch of Rashemar refugees when the wizards of Thay first unsuccessfuly invaded Rashemar in 934. Though the descendents of civilization, the people of Firepeaks were strong in culture, thanks to the harsh lands of the eastern frontier.

Arist was a noble birth of a well famed local ruling family. When he was a child, news broke out that there were gold mines in mountain Firepeaks. That truely brought attentions from all over the world. In a week's time, the normally small society fatten its size by ten folds, it was suddenly filled with humans, half elves, orcs, dwarves, halflings, merchants, mercineries, bards, socerers, knights, thugs, thieves, mathimaticians, sailors (though it is still a myth how they manage to get to this place not connected to the sea) and even kenders from Krynn... ...

Anyway, it was just a bigger bomb that when the first cargo of mine came out, and was identified as useless copper.

Within another week's time, everyone was gone. Well, not truely everyone, because some were the poor farmers sold their houses and lands and brought their whole family here dreaming to become rich in one night. They stayed, as well as some of the merchants that got some during the last two weeks of immigrations.

The new comers eventually grow in power. Power that overwhelmed the local nobles' own. The strong voice in the new comers was Lord Orri'licka (it was said he never was a lord before he came to Firepeaks.) Young Firepeaks folks supported Lord Orri'licka while the more conservative elders stubbornly insisted to maintain the "old ways" Arist's family was the leader house.

The tragedy happend one night when Lord Orri'lica managed the death of Arist's whole family, from Lord Suzaki himself to children and servants. That night, Arist helplessly watched her sister being stabed and thrusted through many times, her warm blood spilled upon his face, and her dying scream still haunted Arist until he reached adulthood.

Somehow, Arist was spared. He escaped the maddened lands and ran off to the north east country of Rasheman. There, he met his lifelong friend Fuumsh Trapspringer, a seasoned halfling fighter/thief. Fuumsh had adventured in his younger life, and survived to tell the tales. Being halfling-wised wise, he quickly won Arist's trust and respect. And it seemed that Arist forgot the haunting memory of his family's death.

Arist learnt quite a lot from the skilled halfling Shadowblade. He even developed a fighting style of his own, one that brought chillness to Fuumsh's backbone, a style that served for the sole purpose of killing. When Fuumsh died of aging, Arist buried him and went on his own life.

Before he went back to Firepeaks, he paid a visit to the naighboring country, the Secret City of Thay. And he came out with this newly enchanted dagger. It was logical to guess that a Red Wizard enchanted his dagger, though the price was not known, probally it was a service related to Arist's proficient.

After that, he went back to Mt. Firepeaks. By using his pure fighting skills, he successfully tricked Lord Orri'licka into hiring him to aid Lord's own ambition. After the following five years, Arist step by step, carefully spreaded rebellion seeds in the people of Firepeaks, and he also mercilessly removed many of Lord Orri'licka's potential allies.

Eventually, he acted out Lord's downfall. Angry crowds (of course, this was Arist's plot), rushed into Orri'licka's mansion, smacking everything they saw. However, to their surprise, they couldn't find Lord Orri'licka himself.

Many weeks later, a miner found a decayed torn body in the mountain Firepeaks. By gathering the remaining expressions on the horrified face, this dead man was tortued, and probally it was the extreme pain that ended his life mercily.

Arist was not found around Firepeaks since then.

Stats:
Type: Dagger
Dmg type: Slashing
Dmg: 1d4 +1 (+1 acid dmg)
Thac0 bonus: +1
Special: When a target is struck by this dagger, there is a 20% chance that he will be in terrible pain, as the dagger's special acid bites his nerves. The pain is so great that the target may twist and scream in angony.

creature in pain suffers -2 AC, -2 to hit, and -2 dmg. the effect does not add up. It lasts for 2 rounds.

Usable by:
Thief
fighter
mage

Good character may not use it

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-10-2001).]
Old 03-10-2001, 08:47 AM   #2
Raistlin
Manshoon

You must spend alot of time making all of these neat weapons.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-10-2001, 09:01 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
You must spend alot of time making all of these neat weapons.

heh, kinda, this one didn't take so much time. i know this one seems long, but it is an argument i made over a debate long time ago, now i just inspired by it, and made the weapon out o the story

the original topic was: is assasin evil? you can tell my opinion is not all of them are.

Old 03-10-2001, 09:21 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Not bad. What's the duration of the agony effect?

Old 03-10-2001, 09:24 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Not bad. What's the duration of the agony effect?

ahhhh, darn, forgot it well... how about 2 rounds? (enough for +1 weapons, heh)
Old 03-10-2001, 09:28 AM   #6
Lord Shield

Like it. I think I'll start trying with items in the Titan campaign I'm running (using Herc/Xena RPG). I think I'll try for non-weapon items for a change. Scratch that, I'll convert the Mask/Sword/Armour of Vedraxis. I'll post a separate thread for it

Old 03-10-2001, 09:29 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Like it. I think I'll start trying with items in the Titan campaign I'm running (using Herc/Xena RPG). I think I'll try for non-weapon items for a change. Scratch that, I'll convert the Mask/Sword/Armour of Vedraxis. I'll post a separate thread for it
hmmm, nice, tell me about Titans' history background? seperate thread is ok.
Old 03-10-2001, 11:59 AM   #8
Lord Shield

That's easy. Titan was the world setting for the Fighting Fantasy books. There's a whole timeline on their web site (I have the old sourcebooks). Although an FF world, my first campaign used Runequest 3rd Edition. Herc/Xena is my 2nd. If I do a 3rd campaign, I'll use 3rd E D&D

Old 03-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

is it set in Faerun? or no...
Old 03-11-2001, 07:35 AM   #10
Lord Shield

I'm afraid not. The Fighting Fantasy world is not an AD&D world. I just happen to run it using a different RPG system. Hell, I run Mystara using DC Heroes system (set 2000 years after the normal timeline). I even did Greyhawk using Palladium and Advanced Fighting Fantasy for a little while