Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:46 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Gegenda's Sharp Dagger + 2

Description:

This dagger is made by Gegenda Rockcrusher. It was made for Xandria as a life saving weapon. After Gegenda adopted Xandria, this old kind-hearted dwarf treated the orphant boy as his own son. He taught Xandria many things during the five years of Xandria's childhood.

Gegenda had been travelling with Charlotte, Xandria's past away mother, during his early life. They had together successfully stopped an evil deity who tried to establish power in Faerun. Being an exerllent fighter himself, he taught Xandria the way of a warrior, displines and instinct required for survival. Those lessons would serve Xandria well in his future life, though Xandria still not yet know what is ahead of him.

Gegenda seemed to be the only person who knew a clue about Xandria and who his father was, however, for some unknown reasons the dwarf stubbornly refused to acknowledge it.

Stats:
Type: Dagger (slashing)
Dmg: 1d6 + 2
thac0 bonus: +2
Speed Factor: 1
Special: this dagger is made by the tenderly loving dwarf Gegenda, who was almost a father to Xandria. As long as Xandria carrys this dagger, Gegenda will watch over him and protect him. Random good things will happen when Xandria is in desperate situtaion.
Luck + 2

Usable by:
anyone except cleric/druid
However, only Xandria will have the luck bonus
Old 03-08-2001, 07:12 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

(Xandria's story 1)
Five years past, Xandria learnt so many things from the wise Gegenda, and he became a brave and skilled young warrior. During these five years, there were many times, Xandria helped the towns people defending against the seasonal goblins raid, and more than once, Xandria's display of intelligence and fighting prowess won if not respect, at least acceptence from the towns people. Of course, the loyal Gugu helped and rescued Xandria from time to time, and their relationship deepened from friends to comrads.

One day, there came two robed starngers. One was a tall skinny figure, he wore a grey robe, which was badly toren and dirted, though he wasn't at least bothered. The tall figure also had a huge diomand ring on his hand, and it glowed a bloody red light. Another is a young man around same age as Xandria, on his hand, he held a staff made of decent wood, carvings showed a nice workmanship.

"Shtay away from them!" Gegenda grumbled:" thoshe magesh, NO GOOD, ye hear me shaying? NO GOOD!" He stepped one step closer to Xandria, who was then already a head taller than himself, looked up and said:"now heed me wordsh, boy, don't talk to them, DON'T talk to them! got it?" Xandria felt strange, though he didn't want to disobey the dwarf, unconvincingly he noded his head.

"Why'd ye think old Gegenda don't let me talk to them?" When Xandria left the dwarf and came outside, he asked Gugu. The little creature layed comfortably on his shoulder sleeping soundly. "Gugu? wake up, ye always sleeping!" Xandria shaked his shoulder suddenly, Gugu, totally unaware of the alternation, dropped to the ground heavily. Just before he hitted the hard ground, with a *puhf* sound, little creature flattened his wings and flew right up with a beautiful curve. "GUGU!!!" Gugu protested angrily:"you did it AGAIN!" Xandria was so amused at the little ruby dragon's flexibility, because he never pulled out any trick on gugu. Not wanting to argue this time, Xandria laughed heartily:" Seriously Gugu, how'd ye think?" The little creature didn't buy him at all, instead, he protested again:"GUGU!" "...." Xandria scratched his head:"ok ok, i'm sorry, ok? i'm not doing it ne more, I promise!"

Just when the two friends were chatting, they heard a voice: "Xandria!!" yelling, Mulin ran towards Xandria at full speed. "Mulin!" Xandria yelled back with happines and ran towards him. Following him, Gugu playfully flew around Xandria.

Mulin was the apprentice of Razx the Seeker. After he and his master arrived at this place, Mulin fastly became Xandria's close friend. To town's people, these two were both "wired", therefore, they weren't really surprised when the two hang out together.

"Mulin! how'd ye get out from ye study?" Xandria asked happyly. Gugu flew in Mulin's pocket, and dive deeply seeking for some candies. Because Mulin's master is relatively wealthy, Mulin always had spare money to buy candies, and whenever he came to play with Xandria, he'd always bring some for Gugu. (Gugu can reveal himself to those whom he wishes to let see.) Seconds later, deep in the pocket, came out merrily sounds :"gugu! gugu!" The two friends laughed, Howlucky they are to have Gugu! When the laughter quieted down, Mulin said with a serious tone:" Xandria, I am not here to play today. I am here to tell you something." Xandria apparently was affected by Mulin's seriousess, so he asked curiously:" what was it? anything need my help?" Mulin was troubled, after a few seconds delay as if trying to be determined, then he said:"yes, it is... hmm... Razx, my master, invited you to our home for dinner tomorrow, he said only you and don't tell others. hmm... will you come?" Xandria felt strange because never had anybody invited him to a dinner, then said:" yeah sure, I will come, but can I tell Gegenda?" "yes..Ohhh! no no no, don't tell him, you see, your father really dislike magic users such as Razx... hmm ... and me. But my master seemed want to befriend with you.. he is a.. yes ... err, a kind person." "Alright, i will come" Xandria said, and he added: "can I bring Gugu?"
"Of course!" Mulin tried to answer happily, but his effort didn't work, then he said:" alright, I have to leave now, tomorrow night, come, ok? I will wait for you." "sure!" "Gugu! Thanks for the candies!" Gugu flew out Mulin's pocket with a mouth full sack of candies.

Eating merrily, Gugu layed on Xandria's shoulder, and listen to Xandria talking. "Don't ye think this is strange, Gugu? first, Gegenda don't let me play with Mulin, then Mulin's master invites me to his dinner, ye know, his MASTER! who really knows nothing about me. what do you think?" "Gugu!" Gugu made a happy sound, meaning he ate enough. "hey, what do you think?" Sitting himself up, Gugu said:" well, Xand, I say let us not worry about it. After all, I never ate a mage's cooking, it could be good, don't you think so?" "... ..." seeing Xandria was not convinced, he added: "com' on, there is nothing to worry about, surely we never met a mage before, but what else could he do to you? i doubt anyone dares to cross Gegenda, heh, if they see how Gegenda killed that ogre last time ohh... I forgot Razx may not know it..." Gugu sat quietly thinking, the two troubled friends just sat there quietly, sharing the moment...

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 08:50 PM   #3
Hesperex

You ever though about being a fantasy Novelist 250, I enjoy reading your weapon descriptions and backgrounds. This is easy to make by the way.

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 09:06 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
You ever though about being a fantasy Novelist 250, I enjoy reading your weapon descriptions and backgrounds. This is easy to make by the way.

thanks man, i just wrote several pages story and i decided to give up... too freaking hard. all i can do is write little things like weapon background, but if you ask me to write whole story... man!!! it takes so much time and pratice, i aint good at it at all.

i will just do items from now on.
Old 03-09-2001, 02:59 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Mulin's Staff

Description:

Later came two wizards, Razx and Mulin. They resided in the town where Xandria and Gugu lived. Razx the Seeker was a master necromecor, and Mulin was his apprentice. Mulin fastly became Xandria's friend due to their similar 'unaccepted' station in town. The wizard Razx showed more than passing interest to the orphat boy Xandria and he even invited Xandria to his house dinning one night.

Razx's knowledge attracted Xandria greatly, regardless Gugu's warning about Razx's evil intention. Xandria believed this wizard holds the key, the key that can reveal his parentage secret.

In the meanwhile, Xandria and Mulin's friendship grew deeper. They both trusted eachother like brothers, more than brothers. The three of them, including Gugu, regardless the warning from Gegenda about not befriending with wizards, played everyday.

Finally one dark night, the Wizard Razx invited Xandria through Mulin, to one of his experiment, a rutial that might reveal the true identity of Xandria. The boy was excited though a little worried, he went nonetheless. However, it was a trap that intended to capture Xandria! And even worse, to Xandria's pain, Mulin knew it all along!

" HAHAHAHA!" Razx laughed with madness, his face was twisted by greed and desire:"NOW! with your bloooood, little boy, I, would become IMMORTAL!!!And I will be able to use the Rod of Apocalypse!!!" Xandria wasn't afraid, though surprised. He had hope, because he already secretly sent Gugu back to find Gegenda, and he hoped Gegenda could arrive in time. He then asked the wizard to tell him the secret. The necromcer was confidence then, thinking the boy could not possibly escape, he said:" hehehehe, thank you for your generousity indeed, then I shall let you die understandingly." Just as he was about to reveal the everything, the door of Razx's secret chamber bursted open, a mad berserking Gegenda charged in.

During the battle, to save his life, Xandria took off the ruby ring. The sudden wave of fear stormed over and overwhelmed everyone in the room. The two goblins Razx orderd to kill Xandria jumpped back shivering, they dropped their daggers, turned around and ran in terror! The fear began a devastating comsumption, Xandria was angry! Monsters' lost their morals and began to escape.

Though Razx was afraid, he fought hard to control the fear. He went dangerously to Xandria, and trying to subdue him. Razx began to chant. Just in the middle of chanting, something hitted him hard, and knock him down. He tried to stand up, and look what hitted him but never had a chance, because then a dwarf's axe chopped him in half.

It was Mulin. The poor apprentice held his staff aiming towards the place where his master stood seconds ago. He just betrayed his master! Out of friendship, out of guilt...

Sadly, Gegenda died because he lost so much blood. Xandria was alone again, though not truely alone because the new friends now he has. He decided to go on an adventure like his mother did, and together he, Mulin and Gugu would discover the secret of his parentage.

Stats:
Type: Staff
Dmg: 1d6 +2
Thac0 bonus: +2
Special:
cast force missle once per day. the number of missle is depended on caster's level. Caster will gain 1 missle every five levels, and it does d4 damage per level of the caster. There is no save, also, it does splashing damage to everyone around the target in 5 ft. The damage is d2 per four level of the caster, and it is possible to save against it.

Usable By:
Mages