Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #11
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
What's a bard? lol. No really what kinda of songs can he play?
Bards get six songs. Read about them here. My favorite is the Ballad of Three Heroes, the very first song a bard learns, that gives +1 to attack, damage, and saving throws. They're fun characters. Don't start HoF without one.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:00 AM   #12
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

What druids outside of targos, u mean the ones that worship anduril?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 AM   #13
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

He could be talking about the two druids you meet before Shengarne Bridge
Old 01-26-2005, 05:45 AM   #14
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, those two. They are worth quite a bit of xp for slaughtering.

Thanks for the sight, Pirengle. Should I give my bard more INT? I don't think she needs much, since the mage will be doing the identifying...
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #15
Lemmy
Manshoon

Quote:
Marty4:
No 2 handers.
All members of party are good.
All members are single class.
There is NO race or class overlap.
No stats will be maxed for the race.
I will attempt to be as roleplaying as possible.
Are your "rules" supposed to emulate what you consider roleplaying, or are they more along the lines of restrictions? Some of the things you listed are not at all related to RPing, so they really only serve as restrictions.

Technically, you seem to have already violated your "No 2 handers" rule by including bow and staff users. (Not all "two-handers" are swords and axes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

If you really want "to be as roleplaying as possible," fill in your characters' custom biographies. (It may help to write the biography as if the character him/herself was speaking.) This'll give you some idea of the character's personality, beliefs, attitudes, et cetera. That way, when you're playing, you may be able to think a bit like your character and respond to NPCs and situations accordingly.

The biographies may also give you some idea of how/where the party met. I can provide some of my own example char bios if you'd like.

Quote:
And does it count as powergaming if I make the dwarf a morninglord, or must I take Tempus?
Roleplaying and powergaming are not opposites; it's just difficult to powergame as effectively with a character that's supposed to be roleplaying. Powergaming typically relies on information your characters don't have. Among other things, strict roleplaying involves making in-game decisions based only upon information your characters have.

Why do you think you must make your dwarf a Battleguard? Your dwarf's deity should reflect something about him. Why does he worship Lathander? Is that the primary religion of wherever he's from? He can worship whichever deity he likes; you just need to justify it.

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #16
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the idea, I had forgotten about biographies. Also, I have always considered the "2 handers" to be the swords and axes, since they are the ones that are actually overpowered.

quick question: My drow, as I said, is dualing scimitars. However, he is getting the -4 to each hand penalty of wielding 2 "heavy" weapons. I though that scimitars were light! Could this be a bug, or should I play around it?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #17
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

We had a nice little argument about that one a while back. Scimitars are not considered light. Nor are they Finesseable.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #18
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Any mod to change that? I mean, with 12 STR I had kinda counted on finesse for this guy... and it would be un-drizzt like to opt for a short sword.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #19
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
Thanks for the sight, Pirengle. Should I give my bard more INT? I don't think she needs much, since the mage will be doing the identifying...
Charisma is the bard's only key stat for spells and abilities. Her stats mean she's going to be toting a bow rather than a sword and shield most of the time, but other than that, she looks playable.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #20
Alphite
Welcomed New User

you said you will not have any stats under 8. But your dwarf cleric has 6 cha...hmmmmm -_-