Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #41
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Did I say 'odd'? I meant DERANGED!!!! (better?) You know how to make a poor, old, shut in feel better, ty

Umm...that was Cloudy who doesn't do her exercises

I have looked into the possibility of Yoga, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't cause a problem. Sciatica scares me and I don't want to do anything that makes it worse. When you can't stand up past a 90 degree angle for three days, you don't want to do anything that might make that more permanent.

no doubt about it, i have been in that position for weeks, almost 10 years ago. certainly the range-of-motion core set of exs' is a must do, every day, or whatever circuit rehab puts you on. the reason you can do(even limited) yoga right along with it is because the moves are all slow, with concentration on body position and breathing - you bend or stretch ONLY as much as you can W/O any pain. period. no go for the burn, you're not even going for the hot,lol it took me over three weeks of just trying, thinking about body position, breathing. breathing has got to be even, steady, full. you set the pace. work in total privacy. you need about the amount of space in your average apt living room with the coffee table pushed to the side.

As to the order of cold medicines...I like to take them in order of the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo, then violet. It's pretty that way! (you nutter!) I say, here i was, wasting my time reading labels and ingredients!lol in that case, purple and gold has always been my favorite, here's to chromatic creativity!

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 06:34 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Did I say 'odd'? I meant DERANGED!!!! (better?)

Umm...that was Cloudy who doesn't do her exercises

I have looked into the possibility of Yoga, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't cause a problem. Sciatica scares me and I don't want to do anything that makes it worse. When you can't stand up past a 90 degree angle for three days, you don't want to do anything that might make that more permanent.

As to the order of cold medicines...I like to take them in order of the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo, then violet. It's pretty that way! (you nutter!)
Ermmm.. yes, it's me.. and the excercises are yoga and yoga based moves.. sigh.. I'm bad .. I admit it! Trying to start up again but ugh...

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-12-2001, 11:07 AM   #43
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Ooops! I just realized I forgot to thank Cloudy and Epona for their wonderful advice, too.

And Cloudy - maybe we should become accountability partners in this.
(did you do your exercises today? LOL!)

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-12-2001, 11:09 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
its just an idea but i think (only think) that putting up a war thread would be a great and bad idea... why bad?? well, if all those serious and sensitive people are placed in one place, i dont want to be there when they blow up. i think that kind of discussion area would take alot of checking out from the moderator and would take lots of time.

That's what we're there for.

------------------
Old 10-12-2001, 11:23 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Please answer... THANKS!

P.S. Cloudy I see Sazarac has influenced your sig.
Avatar, surely you don't expect us to go into every single thread and link them for you to click on, do you mate? After all you could do that yourself. Self-sufficiency, dude!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old 10-12-2001, 11:58 AM   #46
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Ziroc, great post and I'm terribly sorry about your mother. I truly hoped that she would have improved and all would have been fine . However, I'm glad that you have created a new forum for the war on terrorism. Though I have no doubts that it will clean the GD, I cannot see how it will fix the "flame" problem. It seems to me that we are just displacing the problem, not fixing it.

I know that many of us try our hardest to share our opinions while respecting those and the dignity of others. Still, some toes are steped on and some feelings are hurt. If this happens to anyone, please E-MAIL the other party and try to resolve the problem. However tempting, do not reply to the post as it only makes thing worst. Also, if someone e-mails you telling you that he's been hurt or felt attacked by one of your posts, please come back and edit your post. I'm sure that you can find a way to share your opinion without hurting other.

Remember that it's OK to attack an idea, it's not OK to attack the person behind the idea. On the other hand, remember that if someone attacks your ideas, he's not attacking you.

I remember a thread about a month and a half ago where some of us were discussing a new member's ability to express himself and his maturity following that member's initial post. At the time I felt like I was defending the new member and actually helping the situation. Now, I realized that I made things worst because my comments led to more replies that were detrimental to that member. It's amazing all the mistakes you wish you could fix in insight.

One final happier note: Moni, glad to see you're back (big hug and big kisses on the cheeks... it's a Frenchmen thing )... now, let's just hope that Moiraine sticks around.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 01:29 PM   #47
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I found this quote and felt I wanted to post it here at IW for all to see & think about. This seemed the best thread to put it on. I hope it's ok with you all.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. -- Thomas Carlyle

Thank you for this opportunity.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 10-14-2001, 01:55 AM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
One final happier note: Moni, glad to see you're back (big hug and big kisses on the cheeks... it's a Frenchmen thing

Ooo La La! Merci beaucoup mon cheri! Gosh I hope I remembered how to spell that right!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-14-2001).]