Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-10-2000, 01:23 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I finally turned one of my wizards into a warlock, and gleefully handed all of my items to him, thinking his ancient lore skill would finally come into its own. Alas, he couldn't ID anything! The manual says that it is based on the Artifact skill.. where do I learn the "Artifact" skill? Or does that mean it's based on how many "Artifact of ....." spells you have?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2000, 02:52 PM   #2
Gaijin

You'll eventually be able to acquire the Artifacts skill at the Wizzie Guild if it works the same way as it does for Priests at the Temple.

It's annoying that skills and traits that work only in tandem don't become available simultaneously. My poor barbarian has been carrying a second weapon around ever since getting her Double Strike trait, and has yet to be eligible for training in the Second Weapon skill that will allow her to actually USE it. Grr...

Old 11-10-2000, 04:56 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Yes, I was gleefully planning what I would acquire (ID, bless, enchant) and was shopping for prices when I discovered it was not all available . . . ARRRRGGGGGG! One thing to think about is this . . . once my priest became a paladin he was able to enter the guild of the warrior - so one could go ascension hopping all over and have accessibility to a wider variety of training - it's a theory. I realise that once I finally acquire this skill I will only be able to identify lower level objects at first; thus, the really spendy items I am holding off on identify will continue as ?????? for quite a while.