Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
DragonReborn
Dungeon Master

Hi, I was wondering if you get a stronghold when you are dual or multiclassed...Also, I get the discinct impression then when you are a half-orc barbarian, the girls dont hit on you!!! Is there any way around this? I love my barbarian!!!

Thanx in advance!
Old 11-07-2001, 02:59 PM   #2
daeomer
Manshoon

Hi!

Well, from what i experienced you get a choice of stronghold when dual-classed. For example I am playing with a dual mage/fighter and I had the option to take one or the other stronghold.

Alas your half-orc is doomed to lonliness! I am also playing with a dwarf and apparently unless you are human, half-elf or elf, no romance is coming your way. Although I think you can 'cheat' and use shadowkeeper to get around it but I am not sure.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:00 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You'll get a srronghold if you are dual or multiclass. Only 1 though, allthough if you are a multiclass fighter, you can have 2.
No love for Half-orcs, unless maybe vicky.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:30 PM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

You get 2? i thought you only got 1 when multi!
Old 11-07-2001, 03:32 PM   #5
Lucre
Elminster

How do you get a romance using Shadow Keeper?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:03 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Lucre:
You get 2? i thought you only got 1 when multi!

You can get two but you have to be a multi fighter/ something. Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
After cleaning out Nalia's castle of trolls and yuan-ti, say that you need some time to think about taking over the castle as the lord. Do your other stronghold, ie. planar sphere, etc and then come back and accept the offer. Alternatively, do your other stronghold first and then go clean out Nalia's castle and accept the offer to become lord.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:41 AM   #7
Keylow
Manshoon

So, you have to make the first stronghold wait for you, and then immediatly accept the second one. And in doing so the first one is accepted as well? Or do you have to go back to the first one and accept it to?
Having two strongholds would be pretty cool... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2001, 04:44 AM   #8
Zbyszek

Yes, it is true - I had Sphere and Keep. But some patches from Baldurdash "fix" this bug [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2001, 05:48 AM   #9
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Keylow:
So, you have to make the first stronghold wait for you, and then immediatly accept the second one. And in doing so the first one is accepted as well? Or do you have to go back to the first one and accept it to?
Having two strongholds would be pretty cool... [img]smile.gif[/img]

You have to accept your none fighter stronghold first and then go back to Nalia's keep and accept that one secondly.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:50 AM   #10
Keylow
Manshoon

thnx JR, I might just try that. Having two strongholds...
btw, you won't be able to return to your strongholds in TOB right??