Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 03:18 PM   #41
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Just 1 post since I woke up at 4.05 am... going back to bed again...)

Grimacing at the inactivity, she tries to contact Isabeau but strangely, her connection with Isabeau seems to be broken. A frown creeps into her lips ~ Could something have happened to her... ~ The tinge of regret nags at her incessantly ~ I cannot just stand here and wait.~

Hastily, she sits down and pulls out the remaining torn portion of parchment and scribbles on it: Larry, Isabeau missing. Have gone to find her. Be back soon. She places parchment on the chipped table, using the bottle of ink as a weight. Grabbing her belongings, she strides out of the building and into the streets.

Old 10-28-2001, 03:22 PM   #42
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She stops digging through her cloak and looks at him, defeated.~ "All right then." ~She finally finds the correct pocket and pulls out a pouch. A small scrap of paper lies at the top written on it was the number of gold remaining last time she counted.~ "One-fifty." ~She recalls Mistral paying thousands of gold for potions and the like. She looks back to Deiter.~ "On me." ~She whistles for the propetier, offering extra gold for more comfortable furnishings.~

(ooc: OK now... Let's just be like in the game where it says: YOU HAVE RESTED FOR 8 HOURS. Then we can go plunder some rich guy's tomb.)
Old 10-28-2001, 03:34 PM   #43
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Lol

Deiter woke up the next morning feeling a little ill."Ugh never go near the bar when you don't feel good." He thought to himself as he rubed his hands over his face.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-28-2001, 03:35 PM   #44
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: I take it that means we'll be resting? I have a dream coming on, ok?
Shall I accidentally stumble into the same tavern you two are in? Or shall I go into another one? Or maybe meet Maverick?
Old 10-28-2001, 03:40 PM   #45
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
OOC: I take it that means we'll be resting? I have a dream coming on, ok?
Shall I accidentally stumble into the same tavern you two are in? Or shall I go into another one? Or maybe meet Maverick?
ooc: Heh whatever you want to do Kaz. Just watch out for Maverick if you have your character run into him. The dude talks to much

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-28-2001, 03:48 PM   #46
Kaz

Kaz finally gives up and walks into a tavern, not noting the name. She listlessly asks for a room. Going upstairs, she falls asleep almost immediately...
Kaz wakes up. She is standing in a room, floor made of black marble. The room stretches endlessly in both directions and upwards, so that neither walls nor ceiling can be seen. It is utterly black, the stone cold under her bare feet. Complete silence reigns.
Suddenly a sound is heard behind her. Kaz whips around. She stares into the eyes of... the demon. Ah, you have awakened, little elf. I expected you would regain your memory soon. The past cannot be forgotten so easily. Kaz feels fear clutching at her heart, but defiantly shouts, "Why are you doing this? How can you do this? I am beyond your reach!" Her voice is swallowed by the darkness.
Ah, but I can, do you not see? the demon laughs. You do not understand, do you not? Very well then... it smiles cruelly. I left a bit of myself in your mind... not enough to hurt me, but more than enough to hurt you... "You lie!" Kaz screams, yet she cannot hear herself. We shall see... Kaz feels as if she is falling, spinning wildly. A searing pain burns across the back of her hand, and she wakes up.

Kaz sits bolt upright in bed, shivering uncontrollably. Her right hand burns like fire and ice. She stares at it. Even in the dim light, she can clearly see the outlines of a mask, a screaming mask, shining like obsidian, burnt into her hand. The eyeholes seem to swallow all light...

OOC: subplot well under way!
Old 10-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #47
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:

OOC: subplot well under way!
ooc: Dun dun dun...

------------------

Old 10-28-2001, 03:54 PM   #48
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: My previous post was done on the spur of the moment, but now I've just got to finish this cos I've just figured out what comes next. Arghh... so addictive...there goes my remaining hour of sleep )

She sprints along the streets, her heart racing from both the exertion and fear that Isabeau could well be dead - a fear that no mindshield circlet can prevent. Stopping to ask any passer-by if they have seen any creature vaguely similar to her hawk, she finally gets some answers...

She rushes to the market square and her sharp eyes spot her familiar lying unconscious on the ground, along a relatively dark alley. Running forward, she cradles Isabeau in her arms and carries her back to the old building; Larry is still snoring...

Isabeau feels cold to the touch, and alarm creeps into Mistral. ~ Better safe than sorry... ~ She prises open Isabeau's beak and pours a potion of cure poison, followed by a potion of cure disease. ~ Moments later, the hawk has regained consciousness and strength. She begins to narrate her adventure, ending with ... and so, he waited for me to pass out before getting me... it would have been easy to pick me up from the streets without suspicion after that. ~

A flash of anger streaks across Mistral's face and she clenches her fists tightly. ~ Someone is going to pay for this... ~ Turning to Isabeau ~ Rest here, Isabeau. ~ With that, she storms out of the building. ~
Old 10-28-2001, 03:54 PM   #49
Kaz

OOC: Larry, please check in the BG2 forum as soon as possible! New members for the ALSB!

Kaz gives up sleeping very soon. Her hand still hurts, yet she leaves the tavern while it is still dark outside. She wanders the streets, wondering where Spree, Larry and Mistral are...

OOC: I could meet Maverick now but I'd need Spree to play Maverick
Old 10-28-2001, 03:57 PM   #50
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:

She wanders the streets, wondering where Spree, Larry and Mistral are...
ooc: No Deiter?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-28-2001).]