Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-02-2001, 01:34 AM   #11
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

i have to totally agree that there is must be a neutral factor in the battle against good and evil... believe me (well based from my own experience and reasoning)

here is an example...
life is good and death is evil
If evil wins against good then death will reign over us and everyone will die... so what is after that?? if everyone is dead, who is there to kill
Now if good wins over evil then it means you cannot die... cool huh... but what will happen if to us now that we cant die?? we will live in a life of suffereing because our food supply in the world cannot support us yet we still cannot die...(what a painful torture is that)

here is another example...
our ecosystem...
Legend: prey- good
predator- evil

now if predator totally eats all of the prey than the predator itself will die because it has nothing else to eat...but if there is no predator to eat the prey than it will just keep on multipling and there will be no population control ... they will die in the end...

here is a last example (bear with me)

think of this....
heaven is good
hell is evil
what is earth ??? isnt she neutral in the eternal battle against good vs evil yet earth itself will always have its good and bad ...

note: "they say" people who are neutral in life will always have the hottest place in hell (i just heard about is in my religion so dont sue me)

think and refelct upon this words i have written yet im still open minded with your opinions ... (hey im only 17)

now for the druid... i believe that they want to preseve the balance of nature and the cities that people build... they seem to be like trying to help both forest and cities by helping both yet... yet... err... helping none... they wish the balance to be preserved since maybe (MAYBE) they belive that if the balance is amiss then the world might become chaotic... (this is only a hypotical thoery)
Old 01-02-2001, 02:05 AM   #12
G.W.

I think judges are a good example of the Baldur's Gate version of Neutral. They're not ambivilent between doing right or wrong, they just reserve their judgment and are to treat people equally regardless of their background or position. So a neutral in Baldur's Gate might think, they won't judge a drow before even nearly all drow are supposed to be evil. Nor will they won't allow the self-proclaimed "good" alignment people (the fanatics) to do what they want when it offends them. Of course, eventually they will judge and deal with evil, but will do so without becoming hateful or evil themselves. (Jaheria could be a fallen druid for not adhering to neutrality)

Old 01-02-2001, 03:16 AM   #13
One ANGRY lil' man

Firstly Qui Gon talked about the balance of the force not the balance of all things. Secondly I never said a balance didn't exist I simply stated that the way true neutrals go about it is wrong they should just take no sides they shouldn't go about meddling in affairs that may have a long term effect on the balance. And judges are more lawful neutral than true neutral. I think if there is a balance between all things why should we make it an effort to maintain it for all we know our daily schedule can maintain the balance.

Old 01-02-2001, 04:59 AM   #14
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm.. sorry i think i misread your statement a while ago ...
but in every profession there would be a person using it or else it would be extinct
its kinda confusing really if there is really a need for maintainance for neutrality but i guess you have to have it because if the balance is shifted like an animal that is wounded still constantly being attacked, you cant let die or else the opposition would win, i guess you, the neutral people, would help heal the animal and protect it and once its able to move again he/she would step back and watch again... the battle
something like that (get it?)
Old 01-02-2001, 05:00 AM   #15
Armisael

Sounds a bit sadistic to me. As far as I'm concerned, 'neutral' just means you don't care about anything. The harpers are 'nosey'.

Old 01-02-2001, 05:18 AM   #16
One ANGRY lil' man

Well, I think that even if Evil conquers soon enough a child will spring forth and think different and destroy the evil. So the balance in a way of thinking maintains itself. And one more oddity it says in character creation there are VERY few True Neutral people but there are LOTS of harpers (In BG 1 Scar, And The duke where ones) So, I guess the harpers are posers *Chuckle*.
SPOILER
Your getting near

I did warn you.
Watch out here it comes!
aren't those guys great?

I just thought of something, Imeon looks at those 3 people in one dream Gorion, Eliminster, and another person. Which of all supported or where harpers and says "They where the guidance" to put you on the path of true neutrality to serve the harpers you where a tool! That's why you where sent to Jaheria and Khailid (Who both got attached just like gorion.) to force you to Neutrality. And the end movie those are a certain branch of harpers assigned to the Bhaal children to use them as tools! HA more worthless ranting from the one the only WORM.

Old 01-02-2001, 06:01 AM   #17
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

This is beginning to look like evil smiting
Old 01-02-2001, 06:06 AM   #18
One ANGRY lil' man

I thought I'm was smiting True Neutrals. Right now I'm starting an evil neutral charrie frankly it should be like planescape (Which I broke my second disk to) where your actions effect your alignment. But it was way to over board one time I teased morte with a mordikon action figure and it dropped me from lawful to chaotic.

Old 01-02-2001, 06:13 AM   #19
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

no erm i meant this wa gonna look like the topic Evil Smiting started by
THE PALADIN 'HOW CAN I PUT OFF CAPS LOCK' JEROME
if ya know what i mean
Old 01-02-2001, 06:30 AM   #20
da Chillah

my 2 cents

true nuetral - someone who doesnt give a shit one way or the other about anything and everything, or else they wouldnt be true, they would only be part
so the question is how can a person even live like that - if theyre really nuetral, then why are they in your group to begin with??? actually, why are they attempting to keep themselves alive - theyre not supposed to care about anything
no, im not blowing this out of preportion, because that what the words are TRUE nuetral - as in all the time, everything
so, obviously, there have to be some things that the person actually does care about, but this means that this person is no longer a true nuetral, but less than a true nuetral - wether chaotic nuetral, or lawful nuetral, or crazy nuetral, or shy nuetral, or whatever, but saying someone is a TRUE nuetral is something that is very difficult to validate - i dont think anyone can exist and be a true nuetral
as it is said, "Without dreams, the people die."