Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #11
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Wow! You mean to tell me that Shania Twain sings? I guess I should turn up the volume on her videos, huh?
Old 11-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
She's released 2 Singles, "Sk8R Boi" and "Complicated". Download them or something, becuase I think they are both great!!!!
I thought you said you liked all of her songs, not just the singles. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Anyways, I like the entire Linkin Park, TRUSTCo., and Jimmy Eat World cds. At one time I could have sung every Linkin Park song on the Hybrid Theory cd, that's how much I liked them.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:37 PM   #13
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I never pay any attetion to the music video,just Avril. Quote Downunda "She's pretty."
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-26-2002, 11:44 PM   #14
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

Yes, bothe her music and looks are hot!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:47 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I´m not sure I dare to ask this; but who is this Avril Lavinge? I figured out she´s a singer but I´m afraid I have never heard of her. How long have I been locked up in a cupboard? LOL
Come on Willow, you've been spending too much time out on that big blue lake if you don't know Avril Lavigne. ;D

Also, she's Canadian! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

She's cute in a dero kind of way but she's not my type. As for her music - I think it's overrated - typical teen angst. But then again, I'm a bit of a club kid and stuff like Groove Armada, Armand Van Helden etc is more my style.

[ 11-27-2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 11-27-2002, 07:27 AM   #16
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Shania's body doesn't stop _anywhere_, I can watch most of her newer videos for that reason alone. Her music I can take or leave, but some of her songs are good fun to listen too. (That Don't Impress Me Much, great song awesome video.)

Avril Lavigne is talented, that's for sure but I like a lot of other artists much more.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #17
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I enjoy Avril's music, it's fun to listen to, but Shania... I can't write what I truly feel about her here, but then I don't like cross-genre artists like her or Leeann Rhimes, or putting out a cover of a song immediately after it gets popular in another genre (John Michael Montgomery's "I Swear" for instance, or Trisha Yearwood's, "how do i live") I odn't so much have a problem with older songs being redone, as long as they're done true to the original (I did hate Madonna's version of "American Pie" if only because of the video, but I think it should not have been done... anyway I'm ranting off topic)

to sum up what I've wanted to get across, I dislike Shania Twain with a passion a reserve for a very select few.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:56 PM   #18
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

she's great if your a 13 year old girl, and I am not so it is not for me.