Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-22-2000, 09:01 AM   #21
Armisael

I usually like Australia, but not today. 40°C with a northwest wind blowing a gale. You walk outside and are instantly hit with a fist of hot air. Still, there's always beer and steak sandwiches. I promised my significant other that I wouldn't get pissed, so I've been drinking this cola crap for most of the night. LOL.

Old 12-22-2000, 09:10 AM   #22
Suul-Yinn

I can't imagine Xmas at 40 degrees, unless that's farenheit! Guess your Xmas cards have pictures of Santa surfing on the beach in fur trimmed trunks and Rudolph's red nose is due to Sunburn. I best go now as I have still to buy my wife all her presents, and I wouldn't want her to start shouting at me!

Old 12-22-2000, 09:15 AM   #23
Armisael

We don't have Father Christmas. We have this jolly old bloke with a singlet, thongs and a stubby who we call Fatarse. He crashes everyone's midnight chrissie parties, steals all their beer and drives off drunkenly in his ute to the next house.

Old 12-22-2000, 09:19 AM   #24
Arak

Amasing, how you guys can make any topic or question into a long discusion about nothing, and even make it interesting. It´s people like you that make partys successful.

Old 12-22-2000, 03:20 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks for the invite Suul-Yinn (I don't know why but your name makes me think you're Chinese! Is there a story behind it?). What would you say are the best weather months for ol' Scotland? Love to see it someday, if, that is, I can pry my husband away from his computer! Got him a set of awesome speakers for his computer for Xmas this year, and he couldn't wait until the actual day and has hooked them up already. Now I'm wondering if this was not the best gift, it is now a battle royale of speakers in our house between mine and his! "Dammit, I can't hear what Minsc just said!! Turn it down or I'm turning mine up!" Hey, good luck on YOUR shopping! And Armisael, don't you think hot weather is better than freezing weather? I'd love to be able to hit the ocean right now. Even though I only weight 90 pounds, so it's more like the ocean hits me! Exactly how big is the surf there anyway by chance? Is the water green/blue or brown like here?
Old 12-22-2000, 07:50 PM   #26
Armisael

Usually green. Hey, I don't mind the heat, but 40 celcius with a north westerly is just bloody ludicrous. We have some of the best surfing in the world if you can find the right beach. There's a nice little backbeach down at Portsea I frequent, even though I end up spending a month's wages if I actually want to buy food or beer. A mate of mine inherited a beachhouse there a few years back (!), so that's where I'll be for the first few weeks of the new year.

Old 12-22-2000, 07:59 PM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Can't resist this one Armisael: The advantage of living in SYDNEY over Melbourne is of course the proximity to water. I'm hitting the waves later today, though apparently the beaches had been shut because of the size of the waves. Not stopping me though. I used to live in Maroubra - swam every day, even in winter and the waves there get pretty rough.
Now the closest beach is on middle harbour. Dead and quiet as a lake, but still beats being damn hot.
Old 12-22-2000, 08:33 PM   #28
Armisael

Fair enough. Heh, today it's 17 and raining. That's Melbourne for you. Still, it's home.

Old 12-23-2000, 06:36 PM   #29
Suul-Yinn

Sorry I didn't respond sooner Ladyzekke. Personally I love Scotland in the Autumn, when the Heather is blooming and the trees are turning. The rain isn't too bad and the countryside is beautiful. The mountain tops are snow covered but climbing is still easy for amateurs. The best weather is the summer months June-August. These are popular times for your fellow countrymen and women who like a round of golf. The other great time is New Year, which is more important as a holiday than Xmas here, with amazing street parties, especially in Edinburgh.

PS Suul-Yinn does sound chinese but it wasn't intentional, I just liked the sound!

PPS Next time buy him headphones!