Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you don't like it, vote the best way possible: don't watch it. When the ratings drop, the show will be cancelled. 'Course, it will live on in syndication, but you can't have everything...

I generally enjoy the physical stunts they do, but the gross eating finds me flipping channels. Hmmm... I think I'll just stop watching it altogether. Won't bother me none...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:52 AM   #22
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah the stunts are cool,
but that's not the point, what I mean is I think this show exploits people for ratings, and crosses some boundries that shouldn't be crossed. Me as one person not watching it will make no difference, and nor do I like the idea that i should be forced not to watch it just to make a difference, i know that sounds weird, and i might be being a little hipocritical, but i believe in freedom of arts, but i disagree with every fiber of being that is this show. And it bothers me immesnley.

the stunts are cool though... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #23
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Stupid. Nobody forces your eyes to watch anything on TV
Yeah, and nobody forces ppl to eat McDonalds, but didn't someone sue over the Mc-meals making them Mc-fat??? I mean, obviously, if he says "no comment unless you pay me", he's ONLY after some money and he prolly sat up all nite once thinking about how to turn this into a paycheck. But, this is the land of the lazy and the home of the free paycheck... ppl here in the US are "sue-happy", in that they will try to do lawsuits over anything and everything... all for some easy money.

It's sad, really.

SilentThief
Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #24
Violet
Manshoon

Does this mean that I can sue "The Bachlorette" for causing me to fall into a deep depression because some woman found love AND IT WASN'T ME?!
*snicker*
Oh my, the things I can think of to sue reality TV shows over now!
Where's my pen?

[ 01-11-2005, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
Does this mean that I can sue "The Bachlorette" for causing me to fall into a deep depression because some woman found love AND IT WASN'T ME?!
*snicker*
Oh my, the things I can think of to sue reality TV shows over now!
Where's my pen?
Was that the show with the blonde girl who needed her parents blessings to marry the obnoxious belching fat guy in order to win one million Dollar ?

There's something similar on air right now, a girl and a group of guys of which half is gay. If she picks one in the end who's straight, she wins one million, if she picks one who's gay, he's the winner.

What a load of crap.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #26
Violet
Manshoon

Ha No, that one was "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance".
The last one to make my chin drop in wonder was "Who's Your Daddy?" where the adopted model/actress had to pick out her biological father (with money on the line of course).
I don't watch the reality shows in general though (OK - the kids version of Survivor called "Endurance" on Saturday mornings gets my attention some weekends) so I don't know if she was successful at picking pop.
Have any of you ever seen the one where Mexican nationals compete for green cards? The things they've made some contestants do (so I've heard)!
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #27
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

brrr dead rats.. wont they get those disease ? rats may be abit extreme thats true though

Catch me if you can..